USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity implemented by DAI Global LLC is looking for Market and Industry Development Lead.
- Activity Background:
The purpose of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity is to strengthen the resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks by establishing trusted collaboration between key cybersecurity stakeholders in the government, private sector, academia, and civil society. The activity aims to achieve this goal by implementing the following activity components:
Component 1: Strengthen the cybersecurity enabling environment
The legal, regulatory and institutional framework for national cybersecurity in Ukraine needs to be strengthened and aligned with international standards and best practices. This component will strengthen the cybersecurity resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure sectors by addressing legislative gaps, promoting good governance, enabling collaboration between stakeholders, and supporting cybersecurity institutions. This component will also build the technical capacity of key sectors through increased access to cybersecurity technology and equipment.
Component 2: Develop Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce
Ukraine suffers from a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This component of the USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure Activity will address workforce gaps through activities that develop new cybersecurity talent and build the capacity of existing talent. These activities will address the entire workforce pipeline, the quality of education received by cybersecurity specialists, and industry training programs to rapidly upskill Ukraine’s workforce to respond to immediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Component 3: Build a resilient cybersecurity industry
A growing cybersecurity industry in Ukraine will contribute directly to national security and prosperity. This component will seek to build trust and collaboration between the public and private sectors to develop innovative solutions for future cybersecurity challenges; spur investment and growth in the broader cybersecurity market in Ukraine through greater access to financing; support smaller cybersecurity companies to rapidly increase the number of local cybersecurity service providers; and offer mechanisms for Ukrainian firms to connect with industry partners to enable better access to innovations and business opportunities.
Together the above components will improve short-term cybersecurity resilience in Ukraine and establish a solid foundation for long-term cybersecurity independence and leadership. Lessons and best practices from key critical infrastructure sectors will extend to all parts of the public sector, as well as to the private sector and civil society.
2. Role’s Purpose:
The Market and Industry Development Lead will provide subject matter expertise to advise the Chief of Party (COP) and ensure successful implementation of Component 3 as described above. This will include maintaining comprehensive knowledge of the state of the cybersecurity industry and related market factors in Ukraine: public sector (including State Owned Enterprises) cybersecurity providers, private cybersecurity product and service providers (large and small), industry associations and initiatives, funding and financing mechanisms, public procurement opportunities, and public-private partnerships. Knowledge of the regional and global cybersecurity industry, including trends, innovations, partnership opportunities, and major investors, will ensure that the Ukrainian cybersecurity industry is stronger and growing. The Market and Industry Development Lead will develop and execute the work plans for numerous tasks under Component 3, as well as coordinate closely with the other components and tasks to ensure successful coordination and efficient use of resources. Tracking of all tasks will allow for timely and accurate reporting of deliverables, milestones, results, and indicators.
The Market and Industry Development Lead will be responsible for the following key areas and related tasks:
Activity Management and Reporting:
- Provide guidance and oversight to all tasks under Component 3
- Develop, update, and execute on detailed annual work plans for all tasks under Component 3
- Plan and prepare scope for Short-Term Technical Assistance resources as needed
- Develop, monitor and report on all deliverables, results and indicators
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Advise COP, serve as subject matter and technical expert
- Monitor developments in Ukraine and globally as related to the cybersecurity industry and investments in cybersecurity technologies
- Engage Ukrainian public and private sector stakeholders, industry associations, financial institutions, and other activity stakeholders in expert level discussions on public-private partnerships and cybersecurity market development
- Lead the completion of assessments as stated in the Scope of Work and as requested by USAID
- Provide input to the Technical Advisory Committee and lead discussions or presentations as needed.
Management and Leadership:
- Manage a team of task level activity managers
- Coordinate with all implementing partners, other peer leads, including the Deputy Chief of Party, CLA (Collaborating, Learning and Adapting) Manager, and the Director of Finance and Operations
- Develop and manage strategic and effective working relationships with key cybersecurity stakeholders
- Attend meeting and events, serving as activity representative and subject matter expert
At a minimum, the Market and Industry Development Lead will deliver the following, as well as additional deliverables as determined by the COP:
- Detailed annual work plans for all tasks under Component 3.
- Regular briefings to the COP on all matters related to the cybersecurity industry and market in Ukraine, EU and international best practices.
- Detailed presentations and briefings to USAID, other US Government, other donors, and GOU stakeholders.
- Arrange and attend meetings and events related to the cybersecurity industry and market development in Ukraine.
- Concepts on public-private partnerships, market platforms and financing mechanisms on cybersecurity.
- Management guidance to a small team of task managers, including regular performance reviews.
- Detailed and high-quality reports as required per the Scope of Work, work plan, and as requested by the COP.
- An advanced degree in public policy or administration, economics, business, computer science, information systems, or other relevant field, and at least five years of experience working on activities of similar technical scope or a bachelor’s degree equivalent and two additional years of relevant experience;
- At least three years of experience serving in a technical leadership position in IT market development, public-private partnerships, and financing, preferably on cybersecurity and with donor-funded activities;
- Experience of working with public sector and other key stakeholders on implementing economic development activities related to the information and communications technology sector, preferably with a connection to cybersecurity;
- Experience of managing a diverse group of stakeholders to deliver on activity objectives;
- Experience of managing a small team;
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills; and
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian, knowledge of Russian.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to UkraineCCI_Recruitment@dai.com . Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.