International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofits organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Position: Security Officer
Category: Professional Level - Local Staff
Accountable To: Country Director
Job title of persons supervised: N/A
Work Location: Mariupol
Salary: Competitive as Per Organization Scale
Type of Employment: Fixed-Term Contract
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and update the security guidelines, SOP’s and Contingency Plans for the country program.
- Coordinate and monitor security activities to ensure that safety and security policies and procedures are implemented.
- Recommends changes in country security plans to CD as needed.
- As necessary, work with program teams to determine safest methods for delivering critical program activities.
- Ensure induction security briefings are conducted to all arriving staff, visitors or volunteers.
- Ensure that all field staff are fully cognizant of prevailing security threats and fully advised on means to reduce staff vulnerability to those threats.
- Maintain and drill warden systems and provisioning of emergency supplies for field personnel.
- Ensure internal incident tracking system is utilized properly and perform incident mapping and analysis.
- Collects security related information from local and regional resources as it applies to IMC sites and communicate with the Director of Global Security (DGS) and Country Director (CD) as appropriate.
- Monitors the security preparedness of country staff and works with CD to enforce staff compliance with internal security policies and SOPs.
- When directed by the CD, carry out investigations and capture lessons learned to be incorporated into future staff trainings.
- Act as a key member of the Field Incident Team when required during a crisis so that safety policies and procedures are implemented.
- Ensures logistics follows a servicing and maintenance schedule for vehicles.
- Audit communications equipment and facilitates communications-related assistance when necessary.
- Ensure weekly security reports are completed and sent to headquarters, providing timely updates of all situational and security developments including investigation of security incidents.
- Conducts and submits Security Risk Assessments of programs, as required.
- Conducts and submits full Site Security Surveys of every site visited.
- Conducts and submits Trip Reports of all field deployments.
- The above should be completed using the Security Department approved templates, and be submitted to the Country Director, Director of Global Security and the Security Specialist.
- Keep excellent records and logs to ensure continuity of this position.
- Manage the Ukraine Country Office text messaging platform
- Oversee the recruitment and selection of qualified national security field staff, recommend promotions, disciplinary action and termination of staff in consultation with the Country Director.
- Make frequent site visits to facilities to carry out security assessments and ensure appropriate care and training are being conducted. Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff.
Training/ Capacity Building
- Determine training needs for the security staff.
- Train senior national staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity and ensure sustainability.
- Works with DGS and CD to conduct any staff security training that is warranted.
- Maintain excellent working relationships as a member of the country team senior management.
- Build strong professional relationships with UN agencies, local authorities and other NGO’s.
- Attends security coordination meetings and updates CD on current security issues.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors.
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Uphold the Safeguarding Policy, as well as principles of do no harm and confidentiality.
- 5 years of field security experience in hostile environments or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluent in Russian (speak/read/ write)
- Ability to relate to and motivate national staff effectively.
- Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources.
- Extremely flexible with the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Strong grasp of MS Office specifically Word, Excel, OWA
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions independently.
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively.
- Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources.
- Must work independently under difficult conditions.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
- Advance First Aid training
- Strong comprehension of English (read/write/ spoken)
How to Apply:
Qualified individuals should submit their applications as soon as possible at aiordanova@InternationalMedicalCorps.org. A complete cover letter and resume in English, copy of diploma and three references in Ukrainian, English or Russian that can confirm the required qualifications and experience should be included in the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.