International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofits organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance. In Ukraine IMC has been implementing OFDA, BHA and UNICEF funded projects.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Position: Finance Assistant
Category: Professional Level - Local Staff
Accountable To: Finance and Administrative Director
Work Location: Kyiv
Salary: Competitive as Per Organization Scale
Type of Employment: Fixed-Term Contract
Finance Assistant assists Finance team with day-to-day activities of Representation of International Medical Corps in Ukraine. He/she should support the team with preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling financial transactions, statements, records, and reports; maintaining the accuracy of the local IMC’s Representative Office and program’s ledgers and financial systems; assisting in the preparation of program budgets, audits, and year end closing. Other key responsibilities for the Finance Assistant position include the following:
- Perform professional accounting functions supporting local IMC Representation Office and program operations;
- Assist finance team with review of procurement requisitions, purchase orders, cash receipts and other accounting records and transactions;
- Support finance team with maintenance and reconciliation of financial ledgers and records;
- Manage cash flow; perform the duties of a cashier and be responsible for the safe upkeep, disbursement of cash and the maintenance of an up-to-date record of cash flow in the office;
- Conduct daily cash count following IMC policies;
- Support finance team with preparation of bank and cash reconciliations and related journal entries for all local IMC and program accounts; obtain and file bank statements on monthly basis;
- Support Finance team with reconciliation of cash advances;
- Assist in preparation of year-end closings and accompanying financial reports;
- Maintain and track fixed asset inventory control records for the local IMC Representation Office;
- Enter transactions in accounting system on daily basis;
- Assist with Test of transactions and complete missing documents sent by Finance Control Unit and audit;
- Manage financial hard-copy and electronic documentation systems;
- Comply with local legislation, IMC and program donor policies and procedures;
- Complete Monthly scanning;
- Assist with maintaining of accurate filling systems with documented and supported records of action for audit purposes;
- Uphold the Safeguarding Policy, as well as principles of do no harm and confidentiality;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in finance, business administration, accounting or related field;
- At least 2 years of professional experience in finance/accounting area, preferably with an international organization;
- Good organizational skills and diligent attention to details associated with documenting expenses;
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of and experience with word processors (MS Word), spreadsheets (Excel), and electronic mail.
- Written and spoken proficiency in, English, Ukrainian and Russian;
How to Apply:
Qualified individuals should submit their applications as soon as possible at aiordanova@InternationalMedicalCorps.org. A complete cover letter and resume in English, copy of diploma should be included in the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview.
IMC is an equal opportunity organization that strives for diversity and employs qualified personnel without regard to gender, race, physical disability, religion.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.