Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term, Six months with possibility of extension
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the Emergency and Stabilization Programme Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the Head of Field Office in Severodonetsk, the successful candidate will provide specialized support to the implementation of IOM, Mission in Ukraine’s efforts in Emergency and Stabilization Unit with regard to reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Participate in drafting data collection tools, templates, and assist in regular data collection process.
- Review and compile monitoring reports, project progress reports, evaluation reports, photographs, case studies video documentaries, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Collect case stories, best practice documentation, lessons learned; updating and maintaining that information in project’s reports and other knowledge products.
- Work with the project team to prepare periodic reports of the project by providing M&E related information.
- Support the M&E in providing technical support to staff members for all M&E related activities including training of staff members on M&E concepts, skills, and tools.
- Contribute to drafting training materials, communication materials, and knowledge products related to the program/project and M&E.
- Participate in virtual and offline internal and external monitoring through assisting in organizing and facilitating various events such as meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars.
- Undertake duty travels within Ukraine.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least four years of relevant work experience;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited academic institution (preferably in International Relations, Political Science, Statistics or related field) with at least two years of relevant work experience
- Experience in working in a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Experience in working in the field;
- Experience in data collection, needs assessments, and report writing;
- Experience in writing technical requirements documents, translating/planning specifications to technical briefs for data capture/analysis.
- Proficiency in KOBO, ODK or similar mobile data collection tools including XLS form coding and troubleshooting;
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Power BI, Tableau, GIS software or similar visualization tool; and
- Knowledge of the project cycle running humanitarian/development projects and/or programme.
Fluency in English, Ukrainian is required; Russian is desirable.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
• Resource Mobilization - Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM need
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this special vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form (http://iom.org.ua/en/personal_history or to email@example.com by 13 July 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.