Momentum Wheels for Humanity (formerly UCP Wheels for Humanity) is seeking candidates for a Rehabilitation Health Systems Integration Coordinator for the USAID-funded project, Learning, Acting and Building for Rehabilitation in Healthy Systems (ReLAB-HS). The Rehabilitation Health Systems Integration Coordinator will serve as the project’s technical coordinator on the ground, with a focus on rehabilitation health systems integration. Only candidates with work authorization in Ukraine will be considered; relocation benefits will not be provided.
ReLAB-HS aims to support the development of health systems that are responsive to the escalating challenge of addressing the growing needs for rehabilitation within populations. It seeks to co-design and implement innovative, comprehensive, cost-effective interventions that strengthen health systems for provision of rehabilitation including assistive technology. ReLAB-HS will focus on integrating rehabilitation and assistive technology services across all levels of care within health systems. The ReLAB-HS consortium comprises of six international partners with expertise in health systems, implementation science, and delivery innovations.
About Momentum Wheels for Humanity
Founded in 1996, Momentum Wheels for Humanity (MWH) increases access to mobility and improves quality of life for children and adults with physical disabilities in less-resourced countries. Momentum makes strategic investments in communities by leveraging existing capacities and empowering local stakeholders.
Based on the needs of each region in which we work, we offer one or more of our direct-service or capacity- building programs. For more information, visit https://momentum4humanity.org/
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The Rehabilitation Health Systems Integration Coordinator will be responsible for performing the following primary tasks:
1. Technical Guidance and Project Management
- Serve as a technical expert in Ukraine for ReLAB-HS project activities, including national and consortium stakeholder engagement, collaborative service delivery model design and integration with health systems, and ongoing rehabilitation workforce capacity building
- Ensure the technical integrity of rehabilitation and AT project activities implemented in Ukraine
- Provide coordination support to activities led by other consortium members in Ukraine
- Guide engagement with national stakeholders, including the MOH and other actors as it relates to the development and integration of the AT service provision model and associated protocols
- Lead or coordinate advocacy training with community stakeholders and the consortium lead
- Oversee the work of the Ukraine Rehabilitation and AT Technical Advisor and the Ukraine Project Support and Inclusion Officer.
- Provide health systems guidance to AT and rehabilitation consultants and ensure the quality and coherence of their scopes of work.
- Oversee the appropriate utilization of digital platforms for health service delivery
- Support the development of the project work plan and contribute to the annual work planning process; flag any work plan modifications that may be required and participate in revisions and strategic planning.
- Build technical capacity of field program staff and provide technical support to them to ensure ongoing program quality and innovation
- Serve as in-country, rehabilitation health systems liaison to consortium stakeholders, including a national secretariat focused on rehabilitation and AT
- Represent ReLAB-HS among national stakeholders and with donor representatives as needed
- Serve as a technical point of contact for external stakeholders
- Consolidate, contribute to and review technical inputs for contractually obligated donor reports
- Provide information/responses to ad hoc reporting requests from donor or HQ as needed
- Participate in MWH ReLAB-HS team meetings and consortium working group meetings
- Rehabilitation degree, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, or nursing OR bachelor’s degree in health policy, global health or health systems
- At least 5 years of experience in a clinical setting conducting physiotherapy or occupational therapy services within an international development context OR as senior administrator of health services
- Demonstrated experience working on large institutional grants and complex programs
- Familiarity with national health systems for rehabilitation services
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong human resources management, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Proven ability to develop and manage stakeholder relationships
- Proven ability to synthesize technical inputs
- Proven experience taking initiative in finding solutions to complex challenges
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 25% of the time
- Experience providing technical inputs on a USAID-funded program
- Masters level degree in relevant technical field
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume in English to email@example.com no later than July 5, 2021. Please include Application for Rehabilitation Health Systems Integration Coordinator: YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Momentum Wheels for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. MWH encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.