Alinea International is recruiting a Results-Based Management Expert to support the Annual National Program under the Auspices of the Ukraine – NATO Commission (hereinafter – ANP).
PROTECT delivers strategic sessions, capacity-building activities, and advisory support to the Government of Ukraine to help develop consolidated strategic documents and to individual Ministries to help them formulate Ministerial plans, Logic Models (“reform passports”), sets of key performance indicators, and other Ministerial planning documents with emphasis at the security and defence sector.
RBM Expert will be responsible for designing the RBM-based planning framework for ANP strategic goals, engaging more than 70 state entities working on the planning and implementation of the ANP, supporting the ANP-NATO RI in developing strategic documents, guidelines and other tools for the Government Office for Coordination on European and Euro-Atlantic Integration to efficiently coordinate the ANP procedures.
The ANP-NATO RI is a part of Canada’s Promoting Reform Objectives through Technical Expertise and Capacity Transfer (PROTECT) program. PROTECT is a 2 year, 3M CAN$ defence and security sector reform program funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented in Kyiv, Ukraine. PROTECT provides short-term expert (Ukrainian and international) deployment and capacity to reforms in the defence and security sector. The program responds to the needs of Ukraine’s defence and security institutions and agencies and focuses on building strong analytical approaches in gender equality; women peace and security (WPS); and results-based management into reform initiatives, while lending expertise in the management of reforms.
PROTECT program outcomes are defined as follows:
- Improved governance and democratic accountability of Ukraine’s security and defence sector
- Improved planning, coordination, gender responsiveness and strategic analysis of security and defence sector reforms
- Improved implementation of reforms delivered through the Ukrainian security and defence sector
The RBM Expert will work under the ANP-NATO Team Lead direct supervision and in close cooperation with the Government Office for Coordination on European and Euro-Atlantic Integration.
Employment Type: Part-Time, July-October 2021
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
- Design, scope and deliver the capacity-building activities on Results-Based Management (hereinafter – RBM) aspects and techniques for PROTECT Program beneficiaries and clients (security and defence sector of Ukraine, state entities participating in the Annual National Programs Ukraine-NATO);
- Support the PROTECT Reform Initiatives in preparing presentation materials for strategic sessions and trainings on the outlined scope of engagement;
- Provide facilitation support for dedicated capacity building endeavors addressed to meet the program beneficiaries` needs;
- Support the program in-house capacity-building activities (facilitation and moderation techniques);
- Provide individual consultations to PROTECT Program clients and beneficiaries on RBM-related issues, in coordination with the Program ME Expert and Reform Initiatives team;
- Ensure RBM compliance of selected draft documents, methodologies, other intellectual materials and recommendations produced by Program Reform Initiatives;
- Deliver other related activities as required by supervisor.
Academic experience and Qualifications
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience working in projects/ initiatives/ entities in the security and defence, democratic reform, or other relevant areas;
- In-depth knowledge of RBM-based planning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of planning framework in technical assistance projects/ CSOs/ international organizations/educational institutions or projects/ Government;
- Experienced in the development of capacity-building activities, adults` education;
- Experienced in diverse facilitation and moderation techniques;
- Strong Ukrainian and English language skills.
- Strong understanding of the national Government policy-making cycle and the overall reform agenda in Ukraine;
- Ability to coach people, including senior officials, excellent communication skills, strong ethics, well-balanced and mature positive attitude to the job.
Please, kindly submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] not later than 02 July 2021.
We welcome all applications, regardless of ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression; candidates that belong to underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. The recruitment process is based on fair standards.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: https://www.alineainternational.com/