Learn to Discern in Education (L2D-Ed) project, with the support of the British Embassy in Kyiv, invites you to submit a proposal to this Request for Proposal (RFP) for the Planning and Logistics Consultant to oversee cooperation between the Ministry of Culture and Information Policy and IREX to support efforts to raise awareness of the importance of critical thinking and media literacy and provide various opportunities for Ukrainians countrywide to develop and practice critical information engagement skills.
Planning and Logistics Consultant will provide services to The Ministry of Culture and Information Policy – the primary recipient of the provided services; whereas IREX acts as the agency that orders and co-controls delivery of services and payments. S/he will collaborate closely with other members of the Ministry’s project team and advise on planning and organizing media literacy activities (e.g., training programs, awareness campaigns), support logistics of events, consult on drafting internal/external reports, presentations, maintaining accuracy and completeness.
Learn to Discern aims to spread media literacy, conscious engagement with information, and development of critical thinking through Ukrainian society conducting educational activities on media literacy among educators, journalists, thought leaders, and youth.
The Planning and Logistics Consultant’s tasks and expected deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate aspects to boost attendance at media literacy events and activities for different audiences to ensure effective implementation of the action plan.
- Contribute to adaptation of content for the national media literacy website and social media.
- Advise on planning, preparation and conducting expert meetings for the youth competition called “Reporter”.
- Assist in developing of content for the online platform on media literacy and social media.
- Consult and provide recommendations on strengthening media literacy initiatives in Ukraine, according to the project plan activities.
- Provide additional consultations which are related to planning and coordination of events as request.
The Planning and Logistics Consultant experience and qualification requirements:
- University degree, preferably in Media/Communications, Journalism, Social Sciences or other related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of media, analytical research or media education.
- Proven background and experience in planning, organizing and conducting events (meetings, seminars, workshops).
- Demonstrated understanding of international and national best practices in media literacy.
- Experience of work with editorial standards.
- Good understanding of current trends in media literacy.
- Experience in developing written training materials.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Written and spoken fluency in Ukrainian and English languages.
Preparation of Proposals
In preparing the Proposal, the Applicant is expected to examine the RFP in detail (it may be downloaded here).
Please submit all the proposal components above by email to email@example.com no later than 5 July 2021 at 6:00 PM.
Applicants may submit questions concerning this RFP via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline by 6:00 PM on June 30, 2021.