The purpose of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity is to strengthen the resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks by establishing trusted collaboration between key cybersecurity stakeholders in the government, private sector, academia, and civil society. The activity aims to achieve this goal by implementing the following activity components:
Component 1: Strengthen the cybersecurity enabling environment
The legal, regulatory, and institutional framework for national cybersecurity in Ukraine needs to be strengthened and aligned with international standards and best practices. This component will strengthen the cybersecurity resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure sectors by addressing legislative gaps, promoting good governance, enabling collaboration between stakeholders, and supporting cybersecurity institutions.
Component 2: Develop Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce
Ukraine suffers from a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This component of the USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity will address workforce gaps through activities that develop new cybersecurity talent and build the capacity of existing talent. These activities will address the entire workforce pipeline, the quality of education received by cybersecurity specialists, and industry training programs to rapidly upskill Ukraine’s workforce to respond to immediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Component 3: Build a resilient cybersecurity industry
A growing cybersecurity industry in Ukraine will contribute directly to national security and prosperity.
This component will seek to build trust and collaboration between the public and private sector to develop innovative solutions for future cybersecurity challenges; spur investment and growth in the broader cybersecurity market in Ukraine through greater access to financing; support smaller cybersecurity companies to rapidly increase the number of local cybersecurity service providers; and offer mechanisms for Ukrainian firms to connect with industry partners to enable better access to innovations and business opportunities.
The National Security and Defense Council (NSDC) is one of Ukraine’s key government authorities and one of the Activity’s primary stakeholders. The National Coordination Center for Cybersecurity (NCCC), under the NSDC, is responsible for overseeing and coordinating implementation of cybersecurity policy as it relates to national security. As part of efforts to strengthen Ukraine’s cybersecurity enabling environment, the Activity will support NCCC with improving its human resources and capacity to carry out coordination functions.
The Activity seeks a technical Project Manager to: 1) provide NCCC with technical cybersecurity expertise; 2) identify the need and develop the scope of work for short-term technical assistance; and 3) evaluate, prioritize, plan and manage assistance provided by the Activity to NCCC. The Technical Project Manager will be embedded within NCCC, while working under the oversight of the Enabling Environment Lead and COP in close coordination with the Implementing Partners.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Develop a detailed implementation plan for technical assistance (projects) provided by the Activity and other assistance programs/donors to NCCC and monitor progress;
- Manage assistance (projects), including deadlines, escalating implementation issues;
- Coordinate and facilitate relevant working groups to support project tasks/initiatives;
- Carry out project monitoring activities, collection and analysis of necessary data, providing regular (weekly and monthly) progress reports to the Enabling Environment Lead and NCCC;
- Develop terms of reference for and manage, as needed, additional resources for developing of specific policies and procedures, technical project effective communication and coordination, and adequate response procedures/systems related to cyber incidents;
- Assist in drafting strategic plans for related to operationalizing the NCCC’s information sharing and analytical processes, national programs for risk assessment and management by critical infrastructure sectors, regional and cross-sectoral risk-management planning and mitigation;
- Plan/organize capacity building (educational/training) programs, participation in customized courses for NCCC staff;
- Contribute to research and analytical work, regular and ad-hoc surveys and studies performed by NCCC, such as the annual survey on the state of communications, coordination and engagement by cybersecurity actors, developing and delivering presentations;
- Support cyber communications and coordination with international counterparts, participation in joint activities (trainings, exercises, technical cybersecurity advisory activities);
- Ensure close coordination of programs with other public sector cybersecurity stakeholders in Ukraine, including the State Service for Special Communications and Information Protection, and the Ministry of Digital Transformation
- Detailed implementation plan for technical assistance (projects) to NCCC resulting from the Activity’s Annual Work Plan process for the Activity
- NCCC standard cyber incidents management policies and procedures
- Lessons Learned from table-top exercises (TTX) for presenting to NCCC leadership
- Comprehensive plan for establishing National Vulnerability Database based on the NCCC capabilities
- A package of regulatory documents, policies, procedures, and guidelines on the use of the information exchange platform
- Strategy for implementing a risk-oriented approach for cybersecurity issues at the sectoral and national levels
- Report one year under contract of assistance provided, key achievements and outstanding issues
3. Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Advanced degree in Information Technology (IT) or related fields
- Experience in and familiarity with cybersecurity field (2 years)
- Project management experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with governments, namely the GOU
- Experience working with international technical assistance programs (desired)
- Strong written and spoken English and Ukrainian