UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Through its Democratic Governance Programme, UNDP Ukraine assists the government, civil society and people of Ukraine in advancing democratic policies and practices needed to accelerate progress on sustainable human development and human rights promotion. This includes advocating for human rights and gender equality, supporting anti-corruption efforts, ensuring that all Ukrainian citizens can protect their rights, strengthening parliament, and empowering civil society and youth activists.
In 2020, UNDP Ukraine expanded its governance portfolio to include new initiatives and successfully building on previous pilots and smaller but scalable interventions. With the advent of new political leadership in 2019, Ukraine has intensified its drive towards digitalization of state services – well in line with the Presidential commitment to deliver on the “Your State in Your Smartphone” initiative. UNDP Ukraine has been working in administrative service re-modelling, social innovation and digitalization, open data and better digital governance for over 15 years now. In 2020, UNDP Ukraine plans to launch a new programme to support the digital transformation in the country that will last for three years and aims to assist the Government of Ukraine not only in delivering state services online or through a mobile platform but also in having a Human Rights-Based Approach (HRBA) to digitalization policy design.
The Digital, Inclusive, Accessible: Support to Digitalisation of Public Services in Ukraine (DIA Support) Project was presented to the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine. Within the DIA Support Project, UNDP will assist its government counterparts, first and foremost the Ministry for Digital Transformations (MDT) to select two complexes of services that representatives of vulnerable groups face in life situations to enable the delivery of digitalized or digitally-enhanced, mobile-based services.
Therefore, UNDP Ukraine seeks to hire a User Interface/User Experience IT Associate (UI / UX IT Associate) to support the implementation of the Project.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Senior IT Expert, the UI / UX IT Associate provides ongoing Project and administrative assistance and support to the Digital, Inclusive, Accessible: Support to Digitalisation of Public Services in Ukraine (DIA Support) project, performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
The UI / UX IT Associate collaborates with the operations, programme and project staff in the Country Office (CO) to exchange information and ensure consistent services delivery.
The incumbent will promote UNDP’s mandate as a gender-responsive organization with zero tolerance to discriminatory and abusive behaviour, including sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions
- Work with Ukraine’s authorities and Diia State-Owned Enterprise (SOE) to make sure that the services designed under the auspices of the Project are usable and appealing to the target audiences;
- Support Senior IT Specialist with management of external contractors and teams of external experts hired by the Project to do elements of the Project work;
- Lead the Project’s social innovations stream;
- Produce analytical documents;
- Ensure the mainstreaming of gender equality and women’s empowerment considerations in the field of expertise;
- Promote a safe and enabling environment free of discrimination and abusive behaviour;
- Perform other duties as necessary.
1. Under general supervision of the Senior IT Expert, work with Ukraine’s authorities and Diia SOE to make sure that the service designed under the auspices of the Project are usable and appealing to the target audiences
- Work closely with the Digitalisation Policy Specialist and Policy and M&E Associate to build business-processes for vulnerable citizen-client groups to maximize satisfaction and ease while, at the same time, prioritizing data security, as underlying solutions to be developed under the Project’s Output 2 – “Government institutions have at least two client-centred digital service packages built around life situations designed in a participatory and gender-responsive manner”;
- Participate in work of teams on testing and quality assurance of software, hardware, cryptographic and other solutions that are intended for procurement and deployment by the Project;
- Work closely with the Project’s Output 3 team “Ukrainian women and men know more about digital and mobile-based services available to them and use these services more to meet their needs” throughout public consultations, tours and citizen-engagement events to align Project’s software development and broader digitalization work with citizen tastes, expectations and preferences.
2. Support Senior IT Specialist with management of external contractors and teams of external experts hired by the Project to do elements of the Project work
- Assist Senior IT Specialist with testing and quality assurance of software that is intended for procurement and deployment by the Project;
- Track, control and record data on progress of Project’s Output 2 “Government institutions have at least two client-centred digital service packages built around life situations designed in a participatory and gender-responsive manner” activities;
- Assist with supervision of teams of external experts hired by the Project to do elements of Project work as related to software development, certification, hardware procurement and configuration and underwrite the reports, memos and policy papers as produced by the Project.
3. Lead the Project’s social innovations stream
- Liaise with the IT civil society, organize hackathons, innovation events, virtual and physical activities for the Project in close cooperation with the PR / Communication Associate and UNDP Ukraine Accelerator Lab;
- Keep informed of international best practices in the field, support knowledge building, and share knowledge in the CO.
4. Produce analytical documents
- Prepare periodic reports capturing progress made and summarise highly technical information into digestible formats for report purposes;
- Assist with designing terms of reference and procurement documentation for the purchase of services and works required to digitalize citizen-oriented services for vulnerable groups.
5. Ensure the mainstreaming of gender equality and women’s empowerment considerations in the field of expertise
- Use the principles of gender-responsive design in line with the UNDP corporate standards.
6. Promote a safe and enabling environment free of discrimination and abusive behaviour corporate standards
- Support the promotion of team culture of gender equality and zero tolerance to any sexual misconduct in the team through leadership and personal example;
- Demonstrate respect for gender equality in professional interactions, identify and address sexism and gender discrimination.
Measurable outputs of the work assignment
- Technical documentation for software, hardware, cryptographic solutions, terms of reference for consultants, reports with findings and recommendations are produced on time and are of high quality;
- Essential technical memoranda and data exchange protocols that enable data-processing for digitalized services under the Project are adopted;
- Business-processes and design solutions re-engineered with the user in mind and adopted as the foundation for the services to be designed by the Project;
- Social innovation events, virtual and physical activities related to the IT component of the Project conducted with a high standard;
Performance indicators for the evaluation of results
- Quality of work;
- Relations with colleagues and the ability to be an effective team player;
- Technical Skills;
- Knowledge of required procedures;
- Communication and listening skills;
- Partnering and networking.
- Commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
- Cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ethics and integrity;
- Corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Being able to act as a team player and facilitating teamwork;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Mature judgment combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem-solving;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including acceptance of responsibility to ensure that organizational objectives, policies and requirements are met;
- Ability to manage external teams of consultants, ability to handle politically sensitive issues and contacts within government authorities and UNDP;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Capacity to transfer knowledge and motivate people and to build relationships with colleagues, partners, beneficiaries, government authorities, donor organizations and other stakeholders;
- Ability to work under continuous pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to communicate the value and distinct characteristics of a product or service and to understand the market landscape;
- Ability to turn raw information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to stated need;
- Knowledge of gender equality and women’s empowerment issues and ability to apply it to strategic and practical situations, e.g. integrating into the project/programme cycle, including design, planning, and implementation.
Required Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in IT, Management of Information Systems, Computer Science, Public Administration, Science, Social Science, Data or Business Analytics or related field.
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant professional experience in IT-related initiatives working on issues of user experience mapping, solutions-testing, design of user-friendly interfaces and customer journeys or similar domains;
- Demonstrated understanding of Ukraine’s IT development market and most current trends in software design (UI/UX) with the user in mind in the Ukrainian / Eastern European context;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel) and advanced knowledge of specialized software (Figma, Axure, ASP, Balsamiq or similar);
- Experience with the state agencies is an asset (business-related experience is acceptable as an equally valuable substitute).
Fluency in English, Ukrainian, and Russian (both spoken and written).
The deadline is July 7, 2021.
Please apply here: https://cutt.ly/Mn4EUj8