Alinea International is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea International has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea International presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
SURGe provides technical assistance to multiple Ministries to increase their capacity in the development of policies/reforms, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation using the COPR (Citizen-Oriented Policy Results) methodology, which is based on (i) Results-Based Management (RBM) already embedded into Ukraine’s legislation , ; and (ii) citizen-centric approach to policy development according to GBA+ methodology as stated in Ukraine’s legislation .
To achieve these objectives, SURGe Project is looking for а COPR (Citizen-Oriented Policy Results) Consultantwho will be working with Ministries to help them design policies/reforms using RBM and GBA+.
Level of effort: Full time, Monday-Friday. The expert will be based in Kyiv.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
- Organize and deliver COPR trainings for civil servants at Government of Ukraine (multiple Ministries).
- Guide Ministries through the development of hierarchies of results (Logic Models), Gannt charts, Performance Management Frameworks; provide quality assurance; provide coaching and mentoring as needed.
- Provide guidance to Ministries during policy development, strategic planning and monitoring.
- Participate in development of policies and procedures related to planning and monitoring based on COPR.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in delivering trainings, strategic sessions.
- Proven experience of providing management advice to external partners, including high-level negotiations.
- Ability to coach and mentor adults, excellent communication skills, strong ethics, well-balanced and mature personality, positive attitude to the job.
- Understanding of the Government policy making cycle and the overall reform agenda in Ukraine.
- Understanding of Results-Based Management (RBM) and experience in implementation is a plus.
- Experience in international organizations, reform projects at the governmental level is a plus.
- Professional knowledge of PowerPoint, ability to produce high-quality visual material.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian, ability to speak and write clearly and correctly, including
- experience of work with government documents.
- Professional knowledge of English, strong writing skills.
- Citizen of Ukraine.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on July 9, 2021 to the following address: email@example.com.
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV in English (max. 2 pages).
2) Applicant’s letter of interest (max. 500 words).
Please ensure to stateCOPR/RBM Consultant in the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.