Alinea is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of the Canada’s leading international development organization. It executes projects for the Government of Canada, as well as the World Bank, United Nations, Asian Development Bank, Inter-American Development Bank and others.
Established in 1986, Alinea has successfully delivered over 370 projects in 65 countries. It has 30 years of project management experience and 11 offices worldwide, including Ukraine.
Alinea’s mission is to provide management and technical expertise characterized by: teamwork, results-based project design, participatory methodologies, local input and ownership, sustainability.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (MoES) and the State Service of Education Quality of Ukraine (SSEQ), supported by the international donor projects, launched the system for quality assurance for school education. The quality assurance for school education – is a powerful instrument for positive changes in education field, impacting each Ukrainian family. As the result – more comfortable environment for schoolchildren (psychological and physical) at schools, qualitative HR policy and professional development of teachers of each school, focus on individual growth of each pupil, ecological management, inclusivity.
For this reform, SURGe Project is looking for аn Expert on evaluation of school education qualityto analyze best international practices and policies on assessment of school education quality (in terms of learning results), prepare analytical report on the best international practices, develop policy options for the organization of the system education quality evaluation at different levels of general secondary education, develop, in cooperation with other initiative’s experts, methodology and tools for monitoring of education quality, including the study of distance education quality.
The expert will be based in Kyiv and will be reporting to the reform Team Lead and to the SURGe Sector Lead.
Level of effort: full time, Monday-Friday (part time involvement might be discussed during the interviews with the selected applicants).
The duration of the contract is 5 months (till the end of December 2021) with a possibility of extension (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
- Participate in the study of international experience, world best practices for assessing the quality of education at various levels of general secondary education in terms of learning outcomes, including best practices of quality assurance agencies and inspections in other countries, and prepare an analytical report.
- Participate in the preparation of concepts / policy options for the organization of the system education quality evaluation at different levels of general secondary education.
- Participate in consultations with the SSEQ, MoES and other stakeholders on presentation and discussion of policy options for the organization of the education quality evaluation at different levels of general secondary education.
- Organize expert work on the development of methodology and tools for monitoring of education quality.
- Participate in the development of methodology and tools for monitoring of education quality, including the study of distance education quality.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Master Degree in Education/Social Sciences/Humanities/Economics/Law.
- No less than 5-years experience in education sphere, including research on education.
- Proven knowledge of evaluation policies in school education sphere and relevant experience of assessment tools development.
- Proven knowledge of the Ukrainian education policies, in particular in the sphere of school education.
- Proven experience of research conduct.
- Participation in projects or activities related to quality assurance in education is an advantage.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent research skills.
- Impeccable ethical standards.
- High level English and Ukrainian proficiency.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on July 9, 2021 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV in English (max. 2 pages).
2) Applicant’s letter of interest in English (max. 500 words).
Please, ensure to statethe title of the vacancyin the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
Please, note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.