USAID Energy Security Project
Translation & Interpretation Coordinator
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)  and the largest USAID project in Ukraine so far. The ESP is implemented by a USAID Contractor, Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. 
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. is looking for a Translation & Interpretation Coordinator to provide oversight and management of all translated materials and documents for the project. This is a full-time position based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Managing the work of full-time and outsourced translators, including an initial assessment of requests from staff regarding timeframe and quality expectations as well as an estimation of resources required to process the request;
- Distribute the documents for translation among all translators according to individual translator background and subject area expertise;
- Schedule and prioritize translators to provide consecutive interpretation during meetings including working with meeting organizers to provide presentations/relevant background material ahead of time to the translator;
- Track and log all translated documents in the system including an assessment of priority by time/quality/resources available, ensure documents are efficiently moved through established quality control checks to make sure deadlines are met and documents are cleared by appropriate staff;
- Process, approve and send invoices for payment to Finance Department;
- Check and review the translated documents before sending to the original requestor;
- Maintain a library of technical terms for use by all translators and ensure software is up to date.
- Support the communications team during events and other duties as requested.
- Minimum a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Linguistics or Public Administration;
- Experience working in Translation Agency;
- Excellent knowledge of English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Excellent organization and prioritizing skills;
- Experience managing and coordinating multiple projects and meeting deadlines;
- Proficiency in computer applications including MS Office: e-tools and platforms.
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a brief cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to UESPjobs@tetratech.com
There is no deadline associated with this position, Tetra Tech may fill the position when a qualified person is found.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/ or LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/energysecurityua/