Title of Position:
Duration of appointment:
Estimate start date:
Compliance & Integrity Expert (6 positions)
Migration and Border Management (MBM)
6 months with possible extension
As soon as possible
The IOM mission in Ukraine is implementing a project in support of the government reforms in Ukraine, enhancing transparency and merit-based approaches in selection and recruitment through vetting and overall improvement of the training system of a state entity. This shall attract more qualified and better-skilled personnel, strengthening its technical capacities, enhancing their capacities to combat corruption and improve the overall operational efficiency of the service. The project will focus on the improvement of the selection and vetting processes for the selection of personnel ensuring increased transparency in these procedures, as well as the review and enhancement of the professional staff training system. This goal will be achieved particularly through integrity screenings of the candidates for leadership positions, as well as all current employees.
Nature of the consultancy:
Under the overall supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission, the direct supervision of the MBM Programme Coordinator and the technical oversight by the MBM National Officer, the Expert will be responsible for providing expertise and sharing experience in enhancing the anti-corruption and integrity system of the respective state entity.
The main objective of the assignment of the Compliance & Integrity Expert is to provide assistance to the state entity and IOM on the staff integrity screening performed under this project.
Tasks to be performed:
- Provide consultations on best anti-corruption and integrity practices in the framework of the selection component of the project.
- Conduct pre-selection integrity screenings of the candidates for the managerial and other positions in the respective state entity using open-source information.
- Prepare in-depth reports about candidates to the state entity.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Deliver reports describing the assignments and tasks completed.
Tangible and measurable outputs of the assignment (expected to be delivered within 6 months of the Contract’s duration)
- The screening results reports are prepared.
Qualifications and Experience:
In order to properly undertake the services, the Expert should possess the following experience and qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Law.
- At least 5 years of experience in legal/anti-corruption spheres.
- Thorough knowledge of the anti-corruption reform agenda in Ukraine and experience in supporting its implementation.
- Fluency in Ukrainian. Fluency in English is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Strong writing skills, organizational skills.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Commitment to IOM’s vision, mission, and strategic goals.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and cover letter with evidence of experience as mentioned above) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 01 July 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Private entrepreneurs(PE) cannot be considered as applicable for providing services under this consultancy.