The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
NRC Ukraine is looking for Monitoring & Evaluation Officer in our office in Severodonetsk.
This position supports the NRC Ukraine Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Department in the development, coordination, quality control, and implementation of the Country Office’ M&E system in practice. The position requires a Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 to 2 years of related experience.
Role and responsibilities
The following is a brief description of the role.
- Provide technical support on the implementation of M&E plans at the Country Office level
- Support M&E Coordinator on establishing and maintaining program-level M&E systems
- Support on standardising M&E system across projects
- Prepare and develop status/project reports as required by management, donors, NRC Head Office/Regional Office
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure efficient working relationships with a wide range of different interlocutors (Core Competencies, M&E Unit, including other NRC Ukraine department, NGOs, civil and military representatives);
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Adhere to National legislation and NRC policies regarding the administration, protection of private information, data protection and data-sharing;
- Support the M&E Department in new initiatives, should these arise during the employment period, and share ideas for technical improvement
- Contribute to the identification of, and designing of protection response to identified risks and needs in the context of the program implementation
- Ensure that Programme M&E Work Plans and Matrices at the Country Office level are developed and up-to-date
- Support and contribute to the development of a data management system through documentation, implementation and coordination of standardised information flow of M&E activities and reporting
- Lead data collection, data management, and data analysis according to the CO M&E SOP and program needs
- Ensure clear information flow between programmes and M&E Department
- Support in developing data collection methodology and tools, and in actual data collection including sampling
- Contribute to budget planning for M&E activities and ensure its tracking, including updating and implementation of spending plans
- Ensure that monitoring data are reported in a timely manner to the relevant reporting systems/tools such as GORS, ITT, etc.
- Deliver sessions for programme staff on M&E technical aspects and tools in line with responsibilities, as needed
- Support and facilitate sessions to review/interpret programme M&E data with relevant NRC program staff
- Reply to general information requests with accurate and timely information
- Support and contribute to the development and maintenance of complaints and feedback mechanism, as needed
- Maintain accurate documentation related to the M&E system (e.g. monitoring reports, data collection tools/methodologies, indicator profiles, M&E Matrices/Work Plans, documented calculations of indicators) and ensure its proper filing;
- Support in development and implementation of an alternative M&E Plan and apply its data collection methods relevant to the H2R context, as needed
- Support in implementing other M&E activities, as needed
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the M&E Coordinator
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience working in a humanitarian/recovery context in the related field (M&E)
- Expertise in developing and managing M&E systems
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts is desirable
- Fluency in English
- Bachelors’ degree in statistics, economics, sociology, finance, or another similar field with a quantitative focus.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Displaying self-motivation and initiative
- Experience working with complex programs involving short deadlines, multiple tasks, in coordination with multiple partners, to achieve expected results
- Responsible, punctual, attentive to details, prompt, well-mannered, decent and willing to work
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Post-graduate certificate(s) in M&E related field such as data collection methodologies, sampling, data analysis
- Experience in data collection, data analysis, and visualisation
- Knowledge of, and experience of using mobile data collection tools, including KoBoToolbox
- Strong knowledge of the software programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365)
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative methods and analysis
- Knowledge of Power BI is an advantage
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in managing analysis, synthesis, documentation and dissemination of lessons for a range of stakeholders
- Capacity to evaluate progress and recommend necessary recourse for maximising program progress and impact
- Experience with field-level coordination with UN organisations, INGOs, Donors and authorities
- Experience with handling an insecure environment
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Type of contract: 6 months with the possibility of extension depending on the availability of funds.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms and conditions.
- Duty station: Severodonetsk, Ukraine.
Please note that we will contact only shortlisted candidates.
NRC retains the discretion to cancel the recruitment.
NRC might review applications before advert deadline, therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply early.
For submitting CVs please follow the link - https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/requisitions/job/2251/?keyword=Monitoring+and+Evaluation+Officer+Ukraine+Severodonetsk