America House Lviv Director
Kyiv America House
America House Kyiv Director
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $80 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit https://www.irex.org/ .
Summary of America House Program:
Through the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, IREX administers the America House, a welcoming, dynamic space that fosters discussion and debate, provides opportunities for professional and personal skill building, and sparks creativity and collaboration around shared Ukrainian and U.S. values. The America House offers not only a physical space, but also a virtual hub, which facilitates access to balanced resources and information. Peer-to-peer cultural exchanges, discussions and learning at the America House provide visitors with a seat in “America’s living room.” For more detailed information about America House please visit http://www.americahousekyiv.org/.
Summary of Position:
IREX’s America House Lviv Director will be part of IREX’s America House team and will be responsible for the launch and day-to-day management of the America House Lviv project. The position is based in Lviv and will require extensive training in Kyiv and occasional travel within Ukraine.
Description of Responsibilities:
- In close consultation with IREX Kyiv office and the US Embassy manage all the stages of America House Lviv launch, including finding, renting, renovating, and furnishing America House space according to American Spaces and IREX standards;
- Provide day-to-day oversight and leadership for America House Lviv team to ensure that objectives and targets are achieved;
- Manage America House Lviv budget and ensure budget discipline;
- Develop program material, including research and design of strategic events, and ensure proposed activities align with USG priorities;
- Oversee, monitor and administer day to day management of the program activities;
- Ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting of program activities;
- Design programmatic reports, success stories as well as prepare documents and instructions related to program activities;
- Strengthen local contacts and strategic partnerships for America House Lviv, including civil society and media groups, opinion leaders, government officials, members of the international community and other program stakeholders;
- Coordinate implementation of nationwide programing initiatives for WOA network;
- Streamline communication among WOA network representatives by managing the network’s communication platforms;
- Collect and compile reporting and monthly programming plans from the WOA network;
- Manage logistics for domestic travel among the WOA network;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in international development, public administration, management, political science, communications and/or another relevant field is preferred;
- Over 5 years of experience of work in NGO sector and in similar projects;
- Demonstrated success in maintaining excellent collaborations with partner organizations, and ability to establish productive relationships with government officials, opinion leaders and media at a local level;
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate dialogue and work constructively with a diverse range of actors and to accommodate divergent interests and agendas in a multi-cultural environment, including helping vulnerable populations;
- Proven leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of similar programs;
- Excellent communications skills, including ability to make public presentations;
- Experience with grants management is a plus;
- USG Alumni status is a plus;
- Familiarity with political, economic, social, and conflict issues in Ukraine;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Strong command of spoken/written English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines;
- Ability to stay in Kyiv for an extensive training;
- Ability to travel;
Please send your cover letter and resume in English (ONLY) as an attachment in an email with “America House Lviv Director” in the subject line to [email protected]. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
Application Deadline: July 5, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.