America House Lviv Program Manager
Kyiv America House
America House Director
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $80 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit http://www.irex.org/.
Summary of America House Program:
Through the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, IREX administers the America House, a welcoming, dynamic space that fosters discussion and debate, provides opportunities for professional and personal skill building, and sparks creativity and collaboration around shared Ukrainian and U.S. values. The America House offers not only a physical space, but also a virtual hub, which facilitates access to balanced resources and information. Peer-to-peer cultural exchanges, discussions and learning at the America House provide visitors with a seat in “America’s living room.” For more detailed information about America House please visit http://www.americahousekyiv.org/.
Summary of Position:
IREX’s America House Lviv Program Manager will be part of IREX’s America House team and will be responsible for the launch and oversight of all programs of the America House Lviv project. The position is based in Lviv and will require extensive training in Kyiv and occasional travel within Ukraine.
Description of Responsibilities:
- In close consultation with IREX Kyiv office and the US Embassy administer America House Lviv launch, including finding, renting, renovating, and furnishing America House space according to American Spaces and IREX standards;
- Develop program material, including research and design of strategic events, and ensure proposed activities align with USG priorities;
- Monitor and administer day- to-day management of the program activities;
- Ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting of program activities;
- Draft programmatic reports, success stories as well as prepare documents and instructions related to program activities;
- Establish and strengthen relations with local and international organizations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Strong intercultural and communications skills;
- Minimum 3 years of experience on similar positions;
- Knowledge of youth and cultural organizations;
- Skilled at handling multiple tasks and able to maintain a calm, friendly demeanor under stressful situations;
- Experience in people management;
- Experience in managing events and handling logistics;
- Experience with grants management is a plus;
- USG Alumni status and familiarity with the United States is a plus;
- Familiarity with political, economic, social, and conflict issues in Ukraine;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Strong command of spoken/written English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines;
- Ability to stay in Kyiv for an extensive training;
- Ability to travel;
Please send your cover letter and resume in English (ONLY) as an attachment in an email with “America House Lviv Program Manager” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
Application Deadline: July 5, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.