OFFICE: NATO Liaison Office (NLO) under the NATO Representation to Ukraine
TITLE: Project Assistant, NATO-Ukraine Professional Development Programme
GRADE: LES 4
WORKING HOURS: Full time
LOCATION: Kyiv, Ukraine
DEADLINE: 29 June COB
- 1. SUMMARY
The NATO Liaison Office, NATO Representation to Ukraine in Kyiv represents NATO in Ukraine, facilitates political-military dialogue and practical cooperation under the NATO-Ukraine Commission in support of Ukraine’s efforts to join NATO, and enhances civil and military cooperation between NATO and the Government of Ukraine in support of Euro-Atlantic integration goals described in the Annual National Programme.
The NATO Professional Development Programme (PDP) in Ukraine is an integrated part of the NATO Liaison Office to Ukraine (NLO), mainly aimed at providing training to civilian personnel within the wider defence and security sector. The PDP is strategically linked to the Government Office for Co-ordination of European and Euro-Atlantic Integration, Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, and its activities are conducted in close co-ordination with our Ukrainian partner institutions.
The PDP is a well-positioned strategic and fast developing programme with very high ambitions of meeting Ukrainian demands for training in support of reforms. This announcement presents a challenging opportunity for a motivated young professional to support the Programme in implementing its activities in Ukraine.
2. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must:
- possess a first level university degree;
- have a minimum of one year of related work experience;
- some previous experience drafting reports and memos, and making presentations;
- languages: English, level 4 (Upper Intermediate); Ukrainian, level 6 (Proficient);
- have excellent computer skills (MS Office applications);
- have no criminal record and pass security clearance.
The following would be considered an advantage:
- previous work experience in a similar position;
- previous work experience in an international organization, embassy, or a military environment;
- have a minimum of one year of work experience in project management;
- flexibility to work outside of normal working hours when necessary;
- Very high English language proficiency, level 5-6 (Proficient).
3. MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Participate in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects;
- Support the day-to-day implementation of assigned projects;
- Work with third parties (NATO Headquarters, Embassies, international organisations, national partners, vendors);
- Support the preparation of the programme/project budgets and expenditure reports; conducting tender procedures; management of the projects information system and data filing, reporting and other project related activities;
- Conduct written and oral business communication, prepare events, meetings, and visits in the framework of specific projects, as requested;
- Translate correspondence and non-technical texts from English into Ukrainian) and vice versa;
- Maintain a professional, courteous and responsible client-oriented manner;
- maintain the absolute confidentiality and security of NATO/Programme information;
- Perform other related duties.
The Project Assistant will work in adherence to the “One NATO” approach and take into account guidance and advice provided by the Head of the NLO. S/he will report to the Defence Institution and Capacity Building Team Leader for the Comprehensive Assistance Package (CAP) for Ukraine in the NATO International Staff Operations Division through the PDP Senior Programme Officer and the PDP Senior Defence and Security Analyst.
The incumbent must demonstrate:
- Achievement: Works to meet standards.
- Clarity and Accuracy:Monitors and checks work or information.
- Customer Service Orientation: Discovers and meets customer needs.
- Flexibility:Adapts and works effectively within a variety of situations.
- Initiative:Is decisive in a time-sensitive situation.
- Organizational Commitment: Supports the organization.
- Self-Control:Responds calmly.
6. CONTRACT AND REMUNERATION PACKAGE
For the selected candidate, we can offer a salary of EUR 1531,86 per month which is not exempt from taxation, social benefits (health care including health and accident insurance), generous leave package, and the opportunity to work in a very inspiring international environment.
The successful candidate will be offered a 1-year full time contract with possible extension, based on continued programme funding and satisfactory job performance.
7. HOW TO APPLY
Interested qualified candidates are invited to apply by e-mail to:
Please indicate “NATO-PDP Project Assistant” in the subject line of the email.
Please attach the following materials (in English):
- a CV/Resume (maximum two pages);
- a short personal statement highlighting how the candidate meets qualifications stated in this vacancy announcement (maximum one page);
- at least one letter of reference including referee’s contact details, preferably from a previous or current employer.
The deadline for submission of the required documents is 29 June COB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Earlier applications are strongly encouraged. Only electronic applications will be considered.