OFFICE: NATO Liaison Office (NLO) under the NATO Representation to Ukraine
TITLE: Administrative Assistant, NATO-Ukraine Professional Development Programme
GRADE: LES 4
WORKING HOURS: Full time
LOCATION: Kyiv, Ukraine
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 29 June COB
The NATO Professional Development Programme (PDP) in Ukraine is an integrated part of the NATO Liaison Office to Ukraine (NLO), mainly aimed at providing training to civilian personnel within the wider defence and security sector. The PDP is strategically linked to the Government Office for Co-ordination of European and Euro-Atlantic Integration, Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, and its activities are conducted in close co-ordination with our Ukrainian partner institutions.
The PDP is a well-positioned strategic and fast developing programme with very high ambitions of meeting Ukrainian demands for training in support of reforms. This announcement presents a challenging opportunity for a motivated young professional to provide finance, budget, Human Resources (HR) and administration assistance to the Programme.
- 1. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must:
- possess a first level university degree;
- have a minimum of one year of related work experience;
- languages: English, level 4 (Upper Intermediate); Ukrainian, level 6 (Proficient);
- have excellent computer skills (MS Office applications);
- have no criminal record and pass security clearance.
The following would be considered an advantage:
- previous work experience in a similar position;
- previous work experience in an international organization, embassy, or a military environment;
- have a minimum of one year of work experience in finance and budget management;
- some previous experience drafting financial reports, and developing budgets;
- flexibility to work outside of normal working hours, when necessary;
- very high English language proficiency, level 5-6 (Proficient).
2. MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES
- monitor the Programme’s expenses against the set budget, support regular monthly financial reporting to NATO Headquarters, prepare budget forecasts, provide input to Programme budget development and accounting;
- assist in all payment procedures with Ukrainian partner institutions and the banks;
- administer Programme’s VAT reimbursement procedure;
- co-ordinate procurement process according to the NATO rules and regulations;
- prepare monthly payroll, keep track of leaves according to policies of the organization and Ukrainian legislation, and support HR processes for the PDP Staff, as required;
- support the Programme leadership through provision of relevant inputs to PDP reports, translate documents, draft and deliver letters, provide administrative support to PDP activities and events, ensure co-ordination of information with the partners of the Programme;
- maintain the link on all finance related issues with the Parent Division at NATO HQ - including in close co-ordination with the Operations Division Budget Officer - and the local programme;
- perform administrative functions in accordance with the Programme’s objectives:
- draft/translate documents/letters to and from Programme partners (English/Ukrainian);
- maintain and co-ordinate the PDP calendar,
- set up and maintain office infrastructure (stationery, equipment, hardware);
- maintain/update PDP vendors database, CV database, and electronic files/folders;
- improve and maintain filing systems according to the different Programme’s objectives for all relevant documents, materials and correspondence;
- support PDP Team members with visa, registration and other administrative procedures, booking transport and accommodations for missions in Ukraine and to foreign countries;
- perform routine office tasks (printing, copying);
- maintain a professional, courteous and responsible client-oriented manner and maintain the absolute confidentiality and security of NATO information;
- attend PDP organized training activities;
- Be willing to occasionally work irregular hours, as required;
- perform other duties, as required.
The Administrative Assistant will work in adherence to the “One NATO” approach and take into account guidance and advice provided by the Head of the NLO. S/he will report to the Defence Institution and Capacity Building Team Leader for the Comprehensive Assistance Package (CAP) for Ukraine in the NATO International Staff Operations Division through the PDP Senior Programme Officer and the PDP Senior Defence and Security Analyst.
The incumbent must demonstrate:
- Achievement: Works to meet standards.
- Clarity and Accuracy: Monitors and checks work or information.
- Customer Service Orientation: Discovers and meets customer needs.
- Flexibility: Adapts and works effectively within a variety of situations.
- Initiative: Is decisive in a time-sensitive situation.
- Organizational Commitment: Supports the organization.
- Self-Control: Responds calmly.
- Teamwork: Co-operates.
5. CONTRACT AND REMUNERATION PACKAGE
For the selected candidate, we can offer an attractive salary of EUR 1531,86 per month which is not exempt from taxation, social benefits (health care, including health and accident insurance), a generous leave package, and the opportunity to work in a very inspiring international environment.
The successful candidate will be offered a 1-year full time contract with possible extension, based on continued programme funding and satisfactory job performance.
6. HOW TO APPLY
Interested qualified candidates are invited to apply by e-mail to:
Please indicate “NATO-PDP AdministrativeAssistant” in the subject line of the email.
Please attach the following materials (in English):
- a CV/Resume (maximum two pages);
- a short personal statement highlighting how the candidate meets qualifications stated in this vacancy announcement (maximum one page);
- at least one letter of reference including referee’s contact details, preferably from a previous or current employer.
The deadline for submission of the required documents is 29 June COB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Earlier applications are strongly encouraged. Only electronic applications will be considered.