The Technical Advisor for COVID-19 Response Support
The technical advisor supports the Senior Technical Advisor (STA) in establishing and strengthening key supply chain components related to Ukraine’s measures against the COVID-19 pandemic and its implications. Technical Advisor works closely with the STA and key stakeholders at the Ukraine Ministry of Health (MOH) and Center of Public Health (CPH) and provides technical support for the development and implementation of supply chain policies and procedures for adequate vaccine quantification, procurement, warehousing, inventory management, ordering/issuing and distribution to support the strengthening of Ukraine’s response to COVID-19 pandemic and its implications.
The TA also supports capacity building efforts and ensures that sustainable systems and processes are in place to assure the continuous availability and access to COVID-19 vaccines.
Technical Assistance in supply chain components (60%)
- Develop recommendations on how to optimize supply chain management business processes in support of key components of the COVID-19 vaccine deployment and immunization campaign.
- Provide support with the implementation of best international practices and electronic tools for quantification/forecasting of vaccines against COVID-19 disease.
- Provide support to Ukrainian COVID-19 HQ in daily data monitoring and analysis and preparing information for the centralized Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine COVID-19 dashboards
- Conceptualize and review proposed draft legislation for vaccine deployment including supply chain management and contribute to normative acts in collaboration with SAFEMed’s legal team as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to the MOH, CPH, regional health administrations, regional immunization coordinators and healthcare facilities to properly forecast the use of COVID-19 vaccines and other associated commodities (syringes, needles, gloves etc.)
- Provide technical assistance to MOH and CPH in storage and distribution of both public- and donor-funded COVID-19 vaccines and other associated commodities, with potential engagement of the private sector.
- Participate in the development of SAFEMed annual implementation plans (AIPs) with a focus on activities in the COVID-19 vaccination work stream.
- Update and support implementing the annual implementation plan, as requested.
Data Analysis (25%)
- Provide technical assistance in the development of indicators related to supply chain and service delivery performance to support data driven decision-making at the MOH and other authorities with a view to optimize timely access to COVID-19 vaccines in alignment with the vaccination campaign objectives.
Technical writing/editing (15%)
- Draft or contribute to, as agreed with the STA and Chief of Party (COP) technical reports, lessons learned, case studies or other documents in the area of COVID-19 vaccine deployment and other activities related to Ukraine’s measures to fight COVID-19 pandemic.
- Support the COP with inputs for ad hoc, quarterly reports and indicator reports in his/her technical area.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Advanced degree in pharmaceutical management, medicines, supply chain, public health, or related field.
- At least six (6) years progressively responsible experience in pharmaceutical management and/or public health.
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in pharmaceutical supply chain especially in the areas of cold chain and vaccine deployment.
- Experience in quantification and forecasting for vaccines.
- Experience working in Ukraine with MOH, the CPH, civil society and industry.
- Experience working with USAID-funded programs desirable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge in supply chain areas, including cold chain and vaccine programming.
- Knowledge of international commodity procurement systems and procedures.
- Experience in developing training materials and the delivery of training sessions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Ukrainian; knowledge of Russian is helpful.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint; knowledge of appropriate methods for data analysis and reporting.
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
Interested and qualified candidates may apply directly via MSH website using the following link https://msh.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Ukraine-Kyiv/Technical-Advisor—COVID-19-Response-Support_R1072 or to SAFEMed corporate mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The position is open till filled.