Senior Technical Advisor, COVID-19 Response Support
The Senior Technical Advisor for COVID-19 Response Support is the lead technical specialist responsible for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of all SAFEMed supply chain activities related to Ukraine’s measures against the COVID-19 pandemic and its implications.
The STA provides technical leadership and direction for the development, implementation, and monitoring of technical approaches and strategies for COVID-19 vaccines introduction in the country in accordance with national strategies and action plans, including enhancement of supply chain management system especially cold chain.
Technical Assistance :
- Provide technical assistance to the MOH, Center of Public Health (CPH) and local partners for the design and implementation of country interventions related to COVID-19 response, including vaccines deployment.
- Participate in identifying and prioritizing capacity development activities for strengthening national and regional level pharmaceutical supply chains, including cold chain, and building expertise in monitoring and supervision in collaboration with the MOH and other relevant team members and partners.
- Develop a clear strategy on the private sector engagement as a part of COVID-19 response in Ukraine
- Guide and oversee the work of technical consultants both internal and external to ensure they have what they need to carry out their work and ensure deliverables are achieved in a timely and quality manner.
- Develop Scopes of Work for external consultants and monitor their progress to achieve deliverables.
- Lead team with members from both within and outside of MSH to ensure project objectives are reached even if team members are not the STA’s direct reports.
- Supervise Technical Advisor and coordinate activities with other technical team members on the project.
- Work with the Chief of Party, the Principal Technical Advisor, and technical team to develop and implement work plans and budgets that integrate COVID-19 response objectives with broader SAFEMed activities.
- Work with the administrative team to provide them with the information and budgets needed to support the logistical needs for COVID-19 response activities in a timely manner.
- Write technical reports and other communications materials in English and/or Ukrainian as required and edit and provided comments on reports generated by technical consultants.
- Develop and deliver presentations on technical COVID-19 related supply chain issues to high-level stakeholders.
- Represent SAFEMed at various technical meetings with other cooperating agencies, collaborating partners, senior government officials and/or donor agencies.
- Collaborate with the MOH, CPH and implementing partners to assure that effective and efficient supply chain systems are in place for COVID-19 response programs as well as appropriate tools necessary to manage COVID-19 vaccine deployment effectively and to improve pharmaceutical management information systems more broadly, including appropriate use of data for decision making.
- Support the MOH in collaboration with the CMU, President Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Social Politics, customs authorities and international donor platforms to ensure timely deliveries of humanitarian aid (including vaccines from COVAX initiative) to all 25 regions.
Reporting and Metrics:
- Monitor and document progress of activities toward achieving results of COVID-19 response work stream of the approved SAFEMed Annual Implementation Plan (AIP).
- Contribute to regular quarterly and annual reports for USAID/Ukraine, and in any other reporting requirements for SAFEMed as needed.
Undertake other relevant activities as requested by the supervisor or Chief of Party.
Education: A postgraduate degree in a field of study closely related to the assigned responsibilities is required; a postgraduate degree in pharmacy, law, medicine, business administration or related field with background in public health/procurement is preferred.
Experience: At least seven (7) years of related experience in the area of supply chain management, especially in the areas of cold chain and vaccine deployment required; at least nine (9) years progressively responsible experience in pharmaceutical management and/or public health at the policy and implementation level preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of public health and vaccine programming.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and present data to inform decision-making.
- Experience working with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and national level organizations and interacting at high level.
- Knowledge of best international supply chain practices for health commodities.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Experience in development of orders and decrees around pharmaceutical management.
- Previous experience working with the private sector is plus.
- Experience working with USAID-funded programs desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and Ukrainian.
- Functional competencies: Highly motivated, resourceful, and results driven. Ability to gather and analyse information in order to make appropriate decisions. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ensuring delivery of results: client focus, managing and measuring work, information sharing, priority setting, and problem solving
- Core personal competencies: ethics and values, integrity and trust, sound judgement, ability to work in a team-oriented environment; excellent listening, and written communication skills
- Core MSH competencies: adaptability, communication, problem solving, creativity and innovation, timeliness of work, quality of work and team relationships, resource utilization.
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
Interested and qualified candidates may apply directly via MSH website using the following link: https://msh.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Ukraine-Kyiv/Senior-Technical-Advisor--COVID-19-Response-Support_R1073 or to SAFEMed corporate mailbox: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The position is open till filled.