Title: Subgrants and Procurement Assistant
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Division: Communities & Governance, USAID/UNITY (Mriemo ta diemo) Program
Reports To: Subgrants Manager and/or Subgrants and Procurement Manager
Deadline: June 30, 2021
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Starting August 2020, IREX implements the USAID-funded project, Ukraine National Identity Through Youth (UNITY) Activity (програма «Мріємо та діємо»). This five-year activity is designed to foster vested ownership among Ukrainian youth in their country’s democratic, European future by further mobilizing youth leadership around a values-based conception of Ukrainian identity grounded in innovation, engagement, and pluralism.
The Ukraine National Identity Through Youth (UNITY) program is a five-year activity funded by USAID and designed to foster vested ownership among Ukrainian youth in their country’s democratic, European future by further mobilizing youth leadership around a values-based conception of Ukrainian identity grounded in innovation, engagement, and pluralism.
IREX seeks a Subgrants and Procurement Assistant to provide support to the UNITY program activities by ensuring the efficient design, implementation, and compliance of all subgrants and contracts with IREX and USAID rules and regulations. This person will assist Subgrants and Procurement Unit in managing 12 million USD subgrants pool to local organizations and procuring goods and services under the program activities. This position reports directly to Subgrants Manager and /or Subgrants and Procurement Manager.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With oversight of subgrants managers provide support in all subgrant/contract activities, including subgrant/contract design, competition, due diligence, negotiations, preparation of subgrant/contract documents, administration, monitoring and closeout.
- Maintain updated subgrant/contract files and ensure that all subgrants are well-administered and implemented in compliance with the relevant USAID rules and regulations, and IREX policies and procedures.
- Assist in all internal coordination of activities related to development and implementation of subgrants and contracts, including internal certification/clearance procedures, financial monitoring and payment disbursements in a timely manner, preparation of RFAs, outreach activities.
- Assist subgrants managers in budgets and expense reports review as well as provide feedback and recommendations for changes.
- Assist in other administrative tasks related to compliance such as generating various subgrant/contract documentation, submitting for approval subgrant agreements/contracts and modifications, other related tasks.
- Prepare RFP / RFQ and review supplier evaluations/bids analysis, requests for awards, purchase orders, contracts for services and other procurement documents, ensuring strict adherence to applicable procedures, accuracy and completeness of procurement supporting documents;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in economics, finance, international development, business administration, public administration, management, or relevant field.
- At least one (1) year of proven grants management/procurement experience, preferably with USAID-funded projects.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; attention to detail, reliability, thoroughness, and accuracy with numbers.
- Proven competency with analyzing budgets.
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to plan, prioritize, track files, and effectively manage information.
- Strong presentation skills: ability to write and present information concisely.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrate professional and ethical, behavior when interacting with partners and stakeholders.
- Strong command of spoken and written English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks and projects in accordance with stated deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team and the ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible.
- Ukrainian citizenship or residency with work authorization is required.
Please send your cover letter and resume. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted. Application deadline: June 30, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
IREX conducts anti- terrorism database clearances on candidates who accept employment offers. IREX is also an E-Verify Employer.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.