Terre des hommes Ukraine is recruiting a Programme Manager to lead the programmatic initiatives (child protection, social protection and/or development aid) at country level. If you are looking for a meaningful job that will make a lasting impact on the lives of children, we want to meet you.
Start date as soon as possible
Contract One-year, local, full-time Employment Contract, renewable.
Salary UAH 53411 GROSS, private medical insurance
Location Mariupol, Donetsk region or Sievierodonetsk, Luhansk region- with travel between Tdh offices
Deadline for the application: 30th of June 2021
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND UKRAINE
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. Founded in 1960, we are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world’s most vulnerable children. Through our innovative protection and health projects, we provide assistance to over three million children and their families in almost forty countries each year. In Europe, Tdh intervenes directly or indirectly in many countries, relying on teams based in Budapest, Albania, Greece, Kosovo, Romania, Moldova, and Ukraine.
In Ukraine, Terre des hommes have a coordination office in Kiev, and it is active in Luhansk and Donetsk regions, with field offices in Severodonetsk and Mariupol, supporting the victims of the armed conflict.
Tdh provides psychological support and creates child-friendly spaces for them, trains local professionals to better protect children and their families.
The Programme Manager supervises various projects within the designated programmatic area and assists with the development and adjustments of project’s strategies to achieve their goals. The holder of the position will have a key role in building the country’s knowledge and network, coordinating with the programme’s stakeholders, recruiting personnel, adapting delegation policies in collaboration with the country leader(s) and the programme team.
- In collaboration with Country Director, the Programme Manager takes part in the creation of the intervention strategy for the country and its implementation.
- Supports the Country Director to coordinate, promote, supervise, and negotiate contracts with donors
- Participates in the planning of the new project proposals
- Actively participates in capacity building initiatives including basic and advanced training with a view to supporting and coaching programme professionals and community members.
- Supports the initial phases of new projects in scope by participating in the recruitment of staff and regular liaison with government bodies and other actors in the country.
- When relevant, manages partner organisations and ensures that partner activities are effectively and timely implemented and fulfil donor obligations.
- Follows Tdh PCM guidelines for the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation under the direction of country leader.
- Is responsible for the implementation and adherence to the programme’s procedures and policies
- Sound liaison with local authorities, local NGO’s, community groups and beneficiaries
- University degree from an accredited educational institution in a relevant field.
- Strong expertise in the field of child rights and child protection, migration, juvenile justice, social inclusion programs
- Minimum 5 years of experience as programme or project manager, preferably with an international non-governmental organization;
- Experience working with projects funded from institutional donors such as EU, Europe Aid, SDC, UNICEF, other UN agencies
- Strong knowledge and practice of Programme Cycle Management, ideally on European Commission funded projects
- Ability to establish an environment of cooperation and collaboration
- Excellent communication skills; high proficiency in spoken and written English
- Results-oriented and problem-solving skills
- Ability to uphold high standards under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Flexibility, availability, and adaptability
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation in English to [email protected]
Please include “Programme Manager, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not able to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.