Application Deadline: 24/06/2021
Type of Contract: TA Local
Post Level: NO-A
Expected Duration of Assignment: 6 months with possibility of extension
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDP website, section jobs and apply online. More information and application details: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=37838&HRS_JO_PST_SEQ=1&hrs_site_id=2
UNOCHA is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. UNOCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort. Under the overall supervision of the Humanitarian Advisor in respective field office location, Field Coordination Officer ensures oversight of strategic partnerships with the UN Agencies, local and international NGOs, partners and national authorities in the region in order to manage results-oriented field coordination and administrative management on the ground for the successful fulfilment of UNOCHA mandate in Ukraine.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Provide technical expertise in the area of field coordination in the assigned region (s) and technical advisory support to UNOCHA Office in Ukraine, humanitarian community in preparedness and emergency response;
- In close collaboration and liaison with Admin unit in Kyiv ensure overall operational/administrative management in the assigned field office;
- Ensure efficient strategic partnerships management and advocacy effort with all relevant stakeholders.
Provide technical expertise in the area of field coordination in the assigned region (s) and technical advisory support to UNOCHA Office in Ukraine, humanitarian community in preparedness and emergency response by:
- Supporting overall management of the field office coordination on the ground, including proper planning and organization of general coordination meetings, communication and advocacy with relevant stakeholders;
- In close collaboration with the Information Management Unit providing substantive information input for the preparation of respective UNOCHA products;
- Compilation, analysis and reporting of relevant humanitarian, social, economic and political information, statistical data, research and providing high-quality analytical reports for further processing by the Pl and Reporting Unit;
- Preparing qualitative/quantitative situation reports and well as ad-hoc technical advisory reports, supervise compilation and dissemination of daily, weekly reports in compliance with established UNOCHA rules and procedures;
- Ensuring proper monitoring of humanitarian and when applicable security situation in the assigned region (s) and providing analytical assessment of developments in the assigned region (s); conducting verification of information and reporting incidents via established procedures and channels;
- Maintaining close liaison with UN Agencies, local and international NGOs, humanitarian partners and national authorities, ensuring a constant information flow and information dissemination between relevant national authorities and the UNOCHA Office in Ukraine on the humanitarian-related information and extended HCT operations, facilitate coordination of humanitarian assistance by national and international partners;
- Maintaining close liaison with respective Civil-Military units on the ground and facilitating resolution of any access-related impediments for international humanitarian assistanceю
In close collaboration and liaison with Admin unit in Kyiv ensure overall operational/administrative management in the assigned field office by:
- Supervision of staff travel and vehicle fleet management, including managing vehicle registration coordination;
- Ensuring compliance with protocol matters in all aspects of assigned area of work;
- Exercising proper control of supporting documents for payments;
- Formulating, communicating and following up on the procurement needs of the assigned field office;
- Ensuring maintenance of the proper performance management and staff development systems, including identifying training needs for field office staff, developing a training plan and makes recommendations to UNOCHA management for its implementation taking into consideration resources/funds available;
- Overall supervision of staff member responsible for the management of office property and supplies (Field Assistants, Drivers etc).
Manage efficient strategic partnerships and advocacy effort with all relevant stakeholders by:
- Facilitating advocacy in long-term planning within UN system in Ukraine as well as national plans; raising awareness amongst different stakeholders (included but not limited to NGOs, UN, Government of Ukraine) on the technical tools, services and mechanisms for coordination, emergency response and preparedness;
- Identifying and developing opportunities for successful networking and partnership building with the national and regional authorities, NGOs/lNGOs on the ground;
- Facilitating of knowledge-building and knowledge-sharing among NGOs, the UN, national and local authorities in the matters related to strengthening their emergency response capacity;
- Ensure assistance for all other operational processes required for successful fulfilment of UNOCHA mandate in Ukraine;
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Humanitarian Advisor and Deputy Head of UNOCHA Office in Ukraine GCA.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in political or social science, law, international relations, public administration or related field. Bachelor’s degree with two additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Up to two years of relevant professional experience in coordination, administrative management, monitoring and evaluation, humanitarian affairs or related field;
- Sound knowledge and familiarity with the humanitarian and overall social, legal, security and economic context in the assigned region would be an asset;
- Profound field experience in the region is desirable;
- Analytical and reporting experience is required;
- Familiarity with the UN system and knowledge of UN system Administration/Operations rules and procedures is an asset;
- Computer literacy (Excel, Internet, Word, web-based management systems).
- Fluent written and spoken English, Ukrainian and Russian.