Title of Position:
Type of Appointment:
Estimated Start Date:
Migration Health Unit
Internship, paid (Monthly subsistence allowance for Internships)
Full time (40 hours per week), 3 months (with possibility of extension)
As soon as possible
Nature of Internship: Under the overall supervision of the Chief Medical Officer and direct supervision of the Migration Health Project Officer, the Intern will contribute to the implementation of the Medical Unit’s Programmes through performing the following tasks.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Copy and scan completed medical files by migration health physicians, correct missing data and archive copies of medical files.
- Attend and pass telephone calls, and if the person is not available, fill in routing slips and pass to the addressees.
- Schedule migrants for health assessment according to instruction given by the supervising medical officer.
- Perform general logistical and administrative tasks.
- Provide translations/interpretations to/from English/Ukrainian/Russian languages.
- Assist in organizing the Medical Units’ filing system, following IOM general guidelines.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Works effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments
- Supports adequate levels of information sharing between internal units
- Available for work 40 hours per week and ready to start as soon as possible
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree or higher. The internship must commence within one year from the applicant`s graduation.
- An applicant may be enrolled in the final academic year of Bachelor`s or Master`s degrees or their equivalent. Specialization in sociology, political science, international relations or from a health-related field would be an advantage.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experienced with organizational and administrative duties.
- Knowledge of public health is advantageous.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV (contains names and contact information of three referees) and cover letter in English to:
IOM Kyiv: email@example.com
8 Mykhailivska St., Kyiv, 01001, Ukraine
Please, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 18 June 2021, however interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.