Short-Term Communications Team Leader – Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food
Estimated Period of Performance/Level of Effort: till February 2022
Chemonics seeks multiple short-term communications experts to provide support to the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food (MAPF) of Ukraine. The expert will be directly engaged by the ongoing USAID Transformation Communications Activity in Ukraine. The project aims to partner with the Government of Ukraine (GOU), private sector, and civilsociety to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s democracy through innovative communicationsinitiatives that engage Ukrainians in a conversation about the country’s democratictransformation and European integration. The objectives of the Activity are to equip USAIDand its partners to conduct data-driven communications; increase the quality and quantity ofstrategic communications on reform dividends; and broaden the use of social impact contentby Ukraine’s civic leaders and creative sector.
TCA is recruiting for four experts – including a Communications Team Leader, two Senior Project Managers, and a Designer. The Team Leader will be responsible for communications capacity building and establishing a robust communications department to include processes, policies, and standards, and prioritizing effective communications regarding land reform. The Senior Project Managers will be responsible for developing and implementing a communications strategy to promote land reform and manage the social media presence of MAPF in relation to promotion of land reform. The Designer will support the development of visual materials to promote land reform for both out of home and digital advertisements. These positions will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Communications Team Leader
- Capacity building including analysis of the Ministry’s capacity, developing the structure of the communication land reform team
- Provide advice on arranging work of the communication department and collaboration with other departments and executive agencies in order to create a coherent strategy, through which the Ministry’s messages of land reform can be disseminated
- Supervision of the communication process, general policy and standards for the land reform communications
- Ensure that the communication strategy is aimed at nurturing and promotion of the land reform
- Supervise creation and implementation of media, communications, and public relations strategies for promotion of the land reforms implementation
- Supervise creation and implementation of the tactical land reform action plan for MAPF
- Ensure positive image of the land reform implemented by MAPF
- Supervising of crises communications on land reform
- Ensure the Ministry’s voice and vision are understood, all aspects of communications are covered to ensure that the ministry’s messages about land reform are delivered clearly and successfully
- Monitoring and control over completed tasks
- Communication support of Minister’s land reform road show to regions
- Support TCA in communication with MAPF and joint project implementation
- Provide TCA with analytical insights regarding current and planned activities on land reform communications to ensure the best cooperation integrity of land reform stakeholders
- Reporting to TCA and to the MAPF
- Master university degree (preferably in communications, economics, marketing or other relevant field related to PR and Communications);
- Fluent written and oral Ukrainian and English
- Strong facilitation and communication (written and oral) skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Proven organizational skills;
- Good analytical skills;
- Proactive, results-driven approach, track record of successfully working in reform-driven environment;
- Ability to work both in a team and autonomously with minimum supervision but within the respect of given constraints and guidelines;
- Advanced computer literacy
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in communications
- Proven experience of successful communication campaigns and strategic communication leadership in reforms
- Experience of work with government bodies is a must
To apply, please submit your application via the following link no later than June 9, 2021. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/6116f86e2e7d442f96cc45447742b1d6. Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.