Chemonics International Inc.
USAID Transformation Communications Activity
Job Title: Gender equality and social inclusion specialist
Estimated Period of Performance/Level of Effort: Long-Term
Chemonics seeks a gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) specialist for the ongoing USAID Transformation Communications Activity (TCA) in Ukraine. The project aims to partner with the Government of Ukraine (GOU), private sector, and civilsociety to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s democracy through innovative communicationsinitiatives that engage Ukrainians in a conversation about the country’s democratictransformation and European integration. The objectives of the Activity are to equip USAIDand its partners to conduct data-driven communications; increase the quality and quantity ofstrategic communications on reform dividends; and broaden the use of social impact contentby Ukraine’s civic leaders and creative sector. The GESI specialist will be responsible for the development and implementation of TCA’s gender equality and inclusive development strategy, conducting TCA’s gender analysis and ensuring that its recommendations are addressed, as well as ensuring that gender and social inclusion issues are considered throughout project implementation. This position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Assist in the creation of the comprehensive project-level gender action strategy and plan, including the creation of output and outcome targets.
- Develop and deliver gender equality and social inclusion trainings to staff, as required.
- Identify and invite relevant Ukrainian gender and inclusion experts to participate in activities, provide lectures and sit on panels.
- Identify activities through which the Gender and Inclusion Strategy can be utilized.
- Evaluate inclusion obstacles within the context of the project and provide recommendations to TCA leadership regarding possible trainings or other actions that would facilitate beneficiary buy-in at the community level.
- In coordination with the Objective Leads, draft specific, context driven sub-plans to address gender concerns per activity.
- Ensure that persons of vulnerable groups benefit equally from program activities.
- Provide briefings on gender equality, inclusive development, and gender analysis to grants under contract recipients.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- University degree social services, business administration, or other relevant field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of GESI experience.
- Experience working with USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred.
- Demonstrated professional excellence and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to build consensus and coordinate with diverse actors, including government, NGOs, civil society organizations, and private sector.
- Ukrainian, Russian, and English fluency, with excellent presentation skills and strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing in all languages.
To apply, please submit your application via the following link no later than June 11, 2021. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/6116f86e2e7d442f96cc45447742b1d6. Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.