Position Title: M&E Coordinator
Reports To: Senior M&E Specialist
Position Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Deadline: June 11, 2021
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $90 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit http://www.irex.org/.
Summary of Position:
IREX office in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of M&E Coordinator
for its project Learn to Discern for Education, Decision Makers and Journalists. Program manager will work under supervision of Senior M&E Specialist and will be responsible for the planning and implementation of program activities. He/she will be responsible for coordinating monitoring and evaluation efforts with contractors, program teams and assisting in drafting evaluation surveys, data analysis and processing. This position is contingent upon funding.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ukrainian citizenship or residency with work authorization is required.
- Minimum of three years experience in monitoring and evaluation or data analysis, experience in monitoring and evaluation for an international NGO is a plus.
- A master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, sociology, economics, education, or a related field; bachelor’s degree with five (5) years of relevant experience also considered.
- Knowledge and practical experience in research, monitoring, and evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact identification).
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing MEL and performance monitoring plans.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, including the development of data collection tools from scratch.
- Experience outsourcing and overseeing evaluations/surveys that are conducted by external vendors and managing communications with them.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight; knowledge of data cleaning processes.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel) and modern communications tools (internet, email, social media, and teleconferencing).
- Advanced user of SPSS; ability to use R is a plus.
- A demonstrated commitment to creating a learning environment within a program.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong command of English, Ukrainian, and Russian.
Please email your cover letter and resume with “M&E Coordinator – for L2D-UK2” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 pm on June 11, 2021. No phone calls please. Only complete applications will be considered. Early applications are welcomed – we can contact shortlisted candidates on a rolling basis, even before the deadline.