The Ukrainian-Danish Youth house is a platform for young people from Ukraine and Denmark that supports youth participation, democracy and creativity. Based in Kyiv, we offer a creative, democratic platform for everyone between 16 and 35 years of age to engage, facilitate and support youth projects and activism across our countries. The Youth House is financed by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and formally steered by a consortium consisting of the Danish Youth Council and the Danish Cultural Institute. More info: https://theyouthhouse.org/
As our communications officer, you will be responsible for the overall communication of the Youth House. You will help us develop and implement our communication and PR strategies and make sure to create the wanted relation with both users of the Youth House and our stakeholders. You will be part of a small, but growing, team of young and dedicated employees, so we hope you will take active part in our group where we help each other and emphasize a good working environment.
- Develop and implement public outreach and communications strategies for the Youth House;
- Ensure effective public relations and media visibility, coordinate media enquiries and monitor media coverage;
- Manage the Youth House’s presence on social networks including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and other relevant community sites;
- Coordinate promotional online and offline activities, draft and implement creative content;
- Draft and proofread press releases, post-releases, and communication documents;
- Maintain the Youth House website;
- Compile regular newsletters and other mass e-mailings;
- Design visuals for the Youth House and partners programs;
- Take photos during events;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (communications, journalism, political science or similar);
- Minimum 2 years of experience from similar positions;
- Strong command of written and spoken Ukrainian and English;
- Experience managing social media for organizations or companies and working with media;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and other related graphic media applications software would be an asset;
- Strong intercultural and communications skills and desire to maintain and work in a family-like start-up environment.
What we offer:
- An entrepreneurial workspace, where you will be part of shaping the youth house as the project grows;
- An international environment with a comfortable office in the centre of Kyiv;
- A full-time position with a one-year contract, with a possibility of prolongation;
- Salary 26.500 UAH/month (net);
- Health insurance.
How to apply:
Send your CV and letter of motivation (one page) as separate files in an email to Roman Tyshchenko at email@example.com. The deadline for application is June 10th at 23:49.
Should you require additional information, you are welcome to contact House Manager Roman Tyshchenko at firstname.lastname@example.org or Director Julie Arnfred Bojesen at email@example.com.