Job Posting: 21/May/2021
Closure Date: 5/June/2021, 12:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: REUTD
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Home-Based
Duration: 100 days on WAE basis until 31 October 2021
FAO Ukraine is a project management Office headed by the Regional Programme Leader (RPL) under the operational responsibility of the Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia. FAO Ukraine is contributing to the development of national policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Regional Programme Leader for Europe and Central Asia and the Budget Holder, the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator and the technical supervision of the Lead Technical Officer and in close coordination with the International Project Coordinator and Heads of Field Offices, the Field Technical Expert on Grains and Oilseeds Value Chain will be responsible for managing and implementing the Grains and Oilseeds Value Chain Support Strategy in Luhansk, Donetsk and south of Zaporizhzhia regions.
Tasks and responsibilities
Specifically, the Field Technical Specialist on Grains and Oilseeds Value Chain will carry out the following tasks:
- Prepare detailed action plan for Support Strategy implementation;
- Assume responsibility for the Support Strategy’s daily activities in accordance with the implementation plan and in liaison with the implementing partner on the ground;
- Collect data, feed the monitoring system and regularly reports on the results achieved;
- Organize and lead meetings and workshops in coordination with the implementing partner, including but not limited to Support Strategy validation and wrap-up workshops;
- Draft terms of reference for the selection of local technical experts;
- Supervise the work of local technical consultants to ensure the accomplishment of tasks and deliverables and to mobilize support for implementing the Support Strategy activities;
- Supervise the work and monitor the progress and results achieved by the implementing partner;
- Provide support to the implementing partner for implementation of the assigned activities and achievement of results;
- Provide technical support and analysis of assessments, studies and missions, and conducts technical support missions to field activities;
- Facilitate procurement of the equipment including preparation for bidding;
- Support the dissemination of the Support Strategy activities and achieved results through regional and local administrations, agricultural advisory service organizations, web platform, etc.;
- Provide day-to-day technical consultancy support and guidance to FAO Field Offices;
- Prepare monthly progress reports, including the work progress, problems, recommendations and solutions;
- Contribute to the programme annual reporting;
- Perform any other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced degree in economics, agriculture, irrigation/agriculture engineering, water resources management or another relevant field.
- At least 5 years of working experience in the field of irrigated agriculture development, training and demonstration of on-farm irrigation/water management practices and technologies.
- Working knowledge of English and/or Russian.
- National of Ukraine.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Strong knowledge of Ukraine’s socio-economic context and irrigation sector.
- Excellent communication skills.
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Відправити резюме
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
• Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2101161&tz=GMT%2B02%3A00&tzname
and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.