Chemonics International Inc.
USAID Transformation Communications Activity
Job Title: Grants & Subcontracts Assistant
Estimated Period of Performance/Level of Effort: Long-term
Chemonics seeks a grants and subcontracts assistant for the ongoing USAID Transformation Communications Activity in Ukraine. The project aims to partner with the Government of Ukraine (GOU), private sector, and civilsociety to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s democracy through innovative communicationsinitiatives that engage Ukrainians in a conversation about the country’s democratictransformation and European integration. The objectives of the Activity are to equip USAIDand its partners to conduct data-driven communications; increase the quality and quantity ofstrategic communications on reform dividends; and broaden the use of social impact contentby Ukraine’s civic leaders and creative sector. The grants and subcontracts assistant will support the TCA office in managing grants, subcontracts, and procurements supporting the Communications Activity Fund. The assistant maintains systems and databases for project activities and documentation, ensuring accuracy and completeness. Under the direction of the grants and subcontracts manager, the assistant is responsible for supporting the overall compliance and tracking of grants and subcontracts, including administrative support during solicitation, selection, implementation, and closeout of grants and subcontracts. This position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Assist grants and subcontracts manager in the production, review, and management of grants and subcontracts. Assist during applications, approvals, implementation, and close-out processes.
- Provide administrative support in preparation of RFA/RFP/RFQs and after final confirmation, post announcement packages on official websites.
- Provide administrative support to recruitment process for short-term technical assistance that includes inviting applicants for interviews, searching for reference checks and visual compliance, sending notifications to the selected or rejected applicants.
- Organize and maintain electronic and hard grants, subcontracts, and procurement files and databases, labeling, and ensure that all files are timely and completely uploaded to SharePoint.
- Provide information to grants and subcontracts team on inventory, which was procured under grants and provide information on inventory disposition plans and schedules.
- Maintain the inventory tracking system for items procured under grants, coordinate with project leadership on inventory disposition plans and schedules.
- Assist in submission of payment requests to Finance team, making sure that documentation, and disbursements under the project are in line with USAID and Chemonics procedures, and all supporting documents are attached to the payment requests.
- Provide support to the grants and subcontracts manager in managing grants and subcontracts during the implementation phase, collecting reports, and following up questions from beneficiaries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree, preferable in business administration, finance, or related field.
- At least two years of relevant working experience in grants/subcontracts and/or procurement is required.
- Previous professional experience with international donor programs, particularly USAID strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Office applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in Ukrainian, Russian, and English.
To apply, please submit your application via the following link no later than June 11, 2021. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/6116f86e2e7d442f96cc45447742b1d6. Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.