Senior Gas Market Commercial Advisor / Expert
USAID Energy Security Project in Ukraine
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), implemented by Tetra Tech, a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position**
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. is seeking a Senior Gas Market Commercial Advisor / Expert who will play a lead role supporting key national stakeholders with the development of a competitive and liquid gas market in Ukraine, aligned with EU legislation. The role will report to the Gas Sector Lead and will work on major projects and activities on behalf of the ESP Gas Team in the commercial and regulatory area, working closely with senior gas sector stakeholders in Ukraine and internationally. The position is based in Kyiv.
- Play a lead role in analyzing, recommending, preparing and supporting gas industry reform in Ukraine, with a focus on markets, competition and the development of an effective regulatory, legal and operational framework;
- Initiate analysis, provide insight, papers and presentations on the gas industry in Ukraine. Undertake research and actively share insights with management, project members and key stakeholders. Work with other advisors to gather relevant information and assess needs to support the gas industry reform;
- Proactively support development of plans for gas industry reform through strategies and roadmaps of activities to be supported by ESP. Develop and present recommendations for gas industry reform to key stakeholders;
- Coordinate and manage consultancy and grant activity for your related work areas;
- Build relationships with key internal and external contacts (Ukrainian and International community) through regular contact and networking. Utilize this stakeholder network to add value to ESP through insights and influencing;
- Develop a positive relationship with US Government agencies, departments and stakeholders and use these to support your work.;
- Develop and manage communication strategies and plans to support gas market reform in Ukraine related to your work areas;
- Other responsibilities, as designated by the ESP management team.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- At least ten years of experience in the energy sector and detailed understanding of the Ukrainian gas sector, stakeholders, and gas market. Understanding of competitive commodity markets is preferred;
- Excellent project management skills; able to co-ordinate and prioritize your work to meet competing deadlines while adhering to governance procedures;
- Adept at analyzing quantitative and qualitative information to present well-informed recommendations, supported by clear rationales;
- Excellent consulting skills, including communication (in English and Ukrainian), presentation skills, conciseness, and the ability to promote your work products effectively;
- Experience negotiating and managing issues with external stakeholders, negotiating, and recommending the preferred way forward;
- Ability to analyze complex situations and formulate actions, plans and strategies accordingly;
- A strong ability to listen and communicate a clear message of purpose to groups that have varied interests and diverse viewpoints;
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team. Enthusiasm to use innovative, modern best practice approaches to team development and processes. A positive, problem solving mindset is strongly preferred;
- Excellent document (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) drafting skills. Knowledge of computer software for project management is a plus;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English required;
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects is a plus;
- Experience working with government ministries and agencies is a plus.
To apply please submit your CV in English and a cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to UESPjobs@tetratech.com
There is no deadline associated with this position, Tetra Tech may fill the position when a qualified person is found.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/.