Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of Activity Implementation Manager (AIM) Assistant.
The United States Agency for International Development in Ukraine (USAID/Ukraine) has awarded Chemonics International a contract (“Ukraine Democratic Governance East Activity” or “DG East”) to support USAID/Ukraine’s objectives of promoting inclusive civic identity, common civic values, and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of Russia’s aggression, cases of far-right Ukrainian nationalism, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East purpose is to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in Eastern Ukraine and to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. Activities across the two objectives are implemented across five project offices: Kyiv, Kramatorsk, Severodonetsk, Mariupol, and Kherson. The position will be based in Kramatorsk.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Assist Activity Implementation Manager in the production, review, and management of the grants and subcontracts, applications, approvals, implementation and close-out processes;
• Assist Activity Implementation Manager in preparation, presentation, analyzing, and evaluating grant concepts, solicitations, applications, and grant agreement/award documents to ensure consistency with program priorities, goals and objectives;
• Assist Activity Implementation Manager in establishment relationships with partners, through networking and outreach;
• Assist Activity Implementation Manager in development activities, including grants, which have a high likelihood of achieving impact and respond to the current social and political situation in Ukraine;
• Assist in scheduling and organizing meetings with partners, grantees, subcontractors;
• Assist in development and finalizing multiple activities, on an ongoing basis;
• Assist with the DG East activity database for tracking and detailing activities, and liaising with grants management, procurement and finance staff, to ensure that grant implementation, compliance, and procurement requirements are adhered to;
• Assist with evaluation activities’ progress, and coordination with beneficiaries and other staff;
• Label and maintain complete electronic and hard copy files for each grant, subcontract and DDGS activity; scan and upload documents on SD;
• Maintain and routinely update grants and Subcontracts databases, Grants/SC/DDGS tracker and RFA/RFP tracker;
• Assist in submission of PARs for DDGS and in kind of grant procurement to procurement team and on needed bases coordinate with procurement team on in-kind grants and DDGS procurements;
• Assist in submission of Grants/SC for payment requests Finance Assistant of the regional office, making sure that documentation, and disbursements are in line with USAID and Chemonics procedures, and all supporting documents are attached to the payment requests.
• Assist the Activity Implementation Manager during implementation phase of the grants and subcontracts, collecting reports and following up questions from beneficiaries;
• Assist Activity Implementation Manager during grants and subcontracts close out;
• Perform other support duties as requested.
• University degree in business administration, communications, finance or related field required OR at least one (2) year of relevant program development and implementation, bookkeeping, procurement, or grants experience required, with preference for USAID-funded project management experience;
• Previous professional experience with international donor programs, particularly USAID strongly preferred;
• Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team;
• Excellent administrative, organizational and multi-tasking skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated diplomacy and the ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment;
• Computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Office applications;
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in Ukrainian, Russian, and English.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to [email protected]
with AIM Assistant-Kramatorsk
listed in the subject line by June 03, 2021
. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”