USAID Energy SecurityProject
Lawyer, Gas Sector
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), implemented by Tetra Tech, a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech is looking to fill in the position of Lawyer to provide advice and guidance to the Gas Team on a wide range of legal issues. This is a full-time position based in Kyiv, Ukraine. The position will report to the Gas Sector Lead.
- Conduct legal analysis and research on gas sector reform related matters;
- Provide advice on a wide range of legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, memoranda and other briefing documents;
- Prepare and draft primary and secondary legislative acts and legal submissions;
- Support and advise Gas Team in interpreting and applying legislation, regulations, standards, policies and guidelines in support of its work;
- Represent Gas Team in communications with various organizations or external partners of the project;
- Monitor the landscape, prioritize issues and advise Gas Team on legal and regulatory matters that affect ESP work in gas and energy sector;
- Coordinate assignments delegated to outside attorneys and legal professionals;
- Perform other duties as assigned;
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Law or Energy Law;
- Proven experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing legal documents, legislative acts, memoranda etc.;
- An understanding of the gas sector, including experience with gas sector industry activities, regulation and policy, preferably in implementation of gas market reform. Knowledge of EU gas sector legislation would be an advantage;
- Experience working with high level stakeholders, including senior government counterparts, regulators and industry persons. Proven ability to build effective working relationships with such stakeholders;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English (written and spoken), including experience drafting documents in both languages;
- Proficiency in office computer applications (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Able to communicate complex information and deliver verbal and written messages effectively;
- Strong research capabilities, using a variety of primary and secondary sources;
- Positive attitude towards innovative solutions and reform in gas sector of Ukraine;
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team as well as independently.
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a brief cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to UESPjobs@tetratech.com
There is no deadline associated with this position, Tetra Tech may fill the position when a qualified person is found.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
To find more about USAID Energy Security Project, follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/usaidesp/
or LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/energysecurityua/