Chemonics International Inc.
USAID Transformation Communications Activity
Job Title: Research and analytics manager
Chemonics seeks a research and analytics manager for the ongoing USAID Transformation Communications Activity (TCA) in Ukraine. The project aims to partner with the Government of Ukraine (GOU), private sector, and civilsociety to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s democracy through innovative communicationsinitiatives that engage Ukrainians in a conversation about the country’s democratictransformation and European integration. The objectives of the Activity are to equip USAIDand its partners to conduct data-driven communications; increase the quality and quantity ofstrategic communications on reform dividends; and broaden the use of social impact contentby Ukraine’s civic leaders and creative sector. The research and analytics manager will support TCA’s research and analytics director on TCA’s objective 1 research and analysis, media monitoring, and resource oversight, including data analytics and deep dive research. This position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Coordinates with and supports the research and analytics director and MEL team in conducting nationwide research on media consumption, media trends, public perceptions etc.
- Liaises with universities, academic centers, ministries, and CSOs as needed to collect information necessary to inform programming and partner outreach.
- Researches a range of media, marketing, advocacy, policy, outreach, and operational issues to inform the development and implementation of TCA activities.
- Liaises with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing activities, and highlight potential risks to project delivery under the guidance of the research and analytics director.
- Support the research and analytics director with developing internal “deep dive” sessions and external “pause and reflect” sessions with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and disseminate reporting templates to all pertinent staff members.
- Conduct nationwide research on media consumption, political perception, and civic participation.
- Perform data analysis, generate reports and findings, and create graphics to contribute to reporting requirements and project communications products.
- Support the achievement of overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- University degree in sociology, mathematics, data analysis, economics, communications, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of research and analytics experience.
- Experience working with USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred.
- Demonstrated professional excellence and strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and understanding of local and regional political context, with the ability to think creatively in conceptualizing M&E systems to capture key lessons learned from complex and/or sensitive activities.
- Willingness to learn usage of modern tools on data analysis and visualization.
- Experience in content and discourse analysis of media content to support content analysis preferred.
- Experience in sociological data quality and standards assessment preferred.
- Ukrainian, Russian, and English fluency, with excellent presentation skills and strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing in all languages.
To apply, please submit your application via the following link no later than June 7, 2021. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/6116f86e2e7d442f96cc45447742b1d6. Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.