Global Communities is seeking a qualified and experienced of the USAID Decentralization Offering Better Results and Efficiency (DOBRE) project in Kyiv. This project will strengthen local governments in newly consolidated communities to effectively manage resources and services that respond to community priorities and improve citizen engagement and oversight in local governance.
MEL Officer will support implementation of the program Monitoring & Evaluation system and other activities for communities located in Ternopil, Ivano-Frankivsk, Chernivtsi and Chernihiv oblasts.
The position will be based in Kyiv.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer will work closely with the MEL Specialist, Senior MEL officer, MEL officer in Kyiv, Regional Manager in Ternopil, Senior Program Officer in Chernihiv on the design and implementation of the program Monitoring & Evaluation system of DOBRE Program activities in Ternopil, Ivano-Frankivsk, Chernivtsi, and Chernihiv oblasts. He/she will support development of the system and quality control at oblast level. The Regional MEL Officer will help in data collection and analysis and proving input into monthly and quarterly reports. He/she will work closely will provide information and data for the M&E system.
In particular, she/he will:
- Gather data from local partners, analyzing data to track project indicators, and preparing progress reports to central office in Kyiv to satisfy reporting requirements;
- Support the M&E team in Kyiv to establish and effectively roll out data capture tools and procedures to enable accurate and timely monitoring and reporting and propose any additional resources needed to complete the activities and assist in monitoring and evaluation of program activities;
- Assist to train DOBRE team and partners in use of monitoring tools and applications, propose any additional resources needed to complete the activities and assist in monitoring and evaluation of program activities;
- Travel to field sites to follow up independently with program activities;
- Ensure accuracy and timelines of data entered into M&E system;
- Participate in discussions with local officials and communities to establish consistency in the use of indicator definitions and data sources;
- Assist in developing and applying different M&E and learning methods (including monitoring systems, tools for data collection and analysis, evaluations and participatory reviews) and systems for using the learning in program decision-making to improve impact;
- Draft data analysis reports for management;
- Work with the M&E Specialist/Senior M&E Officer/M&E Officer/M&E team to enhance learning from evaluations and promote monitoring and evaluation systems, and sharing experience/learning in Ternopil, Ivano-Frankivsk, Chernivtsi, Chernihiv oblasts;
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders to implement and maintain monitoring and evaluation efforts;
- Assist the M&E Specialist/Senior M&E Officer/M&E Officer/M&E team to prepare drafts of Terms of Reference, project deliverables and other additional technical components of any solicitations for M&E-related contract/sub-agreements;
- Stay updated on developments in monitoring and evaluation trends;
- Contribute to the preparation of the program’s quarterly/annual reports and work plans;
- Implement verification procedures for Participatory Municipal Capacity Index and facilitate road maps development in Ternopil, Ivano-Frankivsk, Chernivtsi, Chernihiv oblasts;
- Facilitate survey results presentations in Ternopil, Ivano-Frankivsk, Chernivtsi, Chernihiv oblasts;
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the MEL Specialist.
- Understanding of monitoring, evaluation and learning concepts including data collection and analysis;
- Good organizational and inter-personal skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Strong report writing and public presentation skills;
- Self-motivated and able to meet concrete deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
- Ability to travel to partner CCs by road/rail on official duties;
- Proficiency in English required;
- Ukrainian and/or Russian communication skills required;
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite (especially Excel, Access and similar database software);
- Ability to work with statistical packages preferred.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, public administration, economic development, business administration, planning or related field;
- At least 2 years of experience in managing and reporting on the applications of quantitative and qualitative methods of data collection and analyses;
- Demonstrated experience in using data collection and management information systems preferred.
- Able to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time.
- Must be able and willing to frequently travel domestically to regional program offices and sites.
Candidates should send CVs and Cover Letters to UkraineHR@globalcommunities.org by COB May 28, 2021, indicating position title “MEL Officer” in the subject line .
Qualified candidate are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.