Alinea International is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea International has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea International presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
SURGe provides technical assistance to multiple Ministries to:
(i) increase their capacity in the development of policies/reforms, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation using the Results-Based Management (RBM) methodology, which is already embedded into Ukraine’s legislation.
(ii) implement a citizen-centric approach to policy development according to GBA+ methodology as stated in Ukraine’s legislation.
To achieve these objectives, in part SURGe Project is developing a software to automate the above-mentioned processes.
SURGe project is looking for а Product/Project Manager who will be working with the team to further develop the software. As a Product Manager, the successful candidate will take the vision of the senior management and translate this into a Product Vision and into Product Roadmap. As a Project Manager, the candidate will insure the implementation of the software within the time and the budget.
Level of effort: Full time, Monday-Friday. The expert will be based in Kyiv.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
- Understand the policy development cycle and governance processes in Ministries;
- Manage Product Vision and Product Roadmap documents;
- Talk to internal and external stakeholders, gather requirements and document them;
- Manage product backlog;
- Manage contracts with the entity providing software developers so that the product is implemented on time and on budget;
- Manage the deployment of the product to the Ministries;
- Organize user support process;
- Regular reporting to all relevant stakeholders;
- Develop various presentations on the product for the senior management;
- Constantly identify and monitor risks associated with the development and deployment of the product;
- Setup and manage Jira/Confluence is requested.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- At least 3 years working as a Product Manager for software products;
- Experience of managing a technical team of 7 people in at least 3 years;
- Proficiency of various project management techniques (agile/waterfall), software development and implementation;
- Experience with developing software for governmental institutions is a plus;
- Knowledge of the governance processes within governmental institutions is a plus;
- Knowledge of SDLC standards is an advantage;
- PM certifications (PMP, PRINCE etc) are an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian, ability to speak and write clearly and correctly;
- Fluent English (must), strong writing skills (must).
- Citizen of Ukraine.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on May 24, 2021 to the following address: email@example.com.
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV in English (max. 2 pages).
2) Applicant’s letter of interest (max. 500 words).
Please ensure to stateProduct/Project Manager in the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.