FAO Ukraine is a project management Office headed by the Regional Programme Leader (RPL) under the operational responsibility of the Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia. FAO Ukraine is contributing to the development of national policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Regional Programme Leader for Europe and Central Asia and the Budget Holder, the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator and the technical supervision of the Lead Technical Officer and in close coordination with the International Project Coordinator and Heads of Field Offices.
The Field Technical Specialist on Animal Protein Value Chain will be responsible for managing and implementing the Animal Protein Value Chain Support Strategy with particular focus on beef and dairy, poultry and eggs value chains in Luhansk, Donetsk, and Zaporizhzhia regions.
Tasks and responsibilities
Specifically, the Field Technical Expert on Animal Protein Value Chain will carry out the following tasks:
• Prepare detailed action plan for Support Strategy implementation;
• Assume responsibility for the Support Strategy’s daily activities in accordance with the implementation plan and in liaison with the implementing partner on the ground;
• Collect data, feed the monitoring system and regularly report on the results achieved;
• Organize and lead meetings and workshops in coordination with the implementing partner, including but not limited to Support Strategy validation and wrap-up workshops;
• Draft terms of reference for the selection of local technical experts;
• Supervise the work of local technical consultants to ensure the accomplishment of tasks and deliverables and to mobilize support for implementing the Support Strategy activities;
• Supervise the work of and monitor the progress and results achieved by the implementing partner;
• Provide support to the implementing partner for implementation of the assigned activities and achievement of results;
• Provide technical support to and analysis of assessments, studies and missions, and conducts technical support missions to field activities;
• Facilitate procurement of the equipment including preparation for bidding;
• Support the dissemination of the Support Strategy activities and achieved results through regional and local administrations, agricultural advisory service organizations, web platform, etc.;
• Provide day-to-day technical consultancy support and guidance to FAO Field Offices;
• Prepare monthly progress reports, including the work progress, problems, recommendations and solutions;
• Contribute to the programme annual reporting.
• Perform any other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in agriculture, economics, or a related field.
• At least 5 years of work experience in the field of agricultural sector development.
• Strong knowledge of Ukraine’s socio-economic context.
• Experience in development activities in rural areas, desirably in the east of Ukraine.
• Experience in business development or local economic development
• Working knowledge of English and/or Russian.
• National of Ukraine.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2101183&tz=GMT%2B02%3A00&tzname= GMT%2B02%3A00&tzname= and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]