About CIVIC: Center for Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC) is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. CIVIC envisions a world in which no civilian is harmed in conflict. We support communities affected by conflict in their quest for protection and strengthen the resolve and capacity of armed actors to prevent and respond to civilian harm. Learn more at civiliansinconflict.org.
CIVIC is looking for highly motivated professionals to join the Ukraine Country Program.
Job Summary: Work with the Senior Protection Officer, and CIVIC Ukraine Program team to ensure successful implementation of projects within the Ukraine portfolio. The incumbent will implement the community-based protection component with a focus on civilian-military dialogues in 5-7 communities along the conflict line in East of Ukraine. S/he will serve as the CIVIC’s interface to the military, communities, local government, and civil society as regards to all aspects related to the implementation of the community-based protection component of the program.
Location: Mariupol, Donetsk oblast, Ukraine
Travel: 30% of the time, mostly in the east of Ukraine and sometimes to Kyiv, Ukraine
Reporting to: Senior Protection Officer
Staff reporting: None
- Implement the community-based protection strategy in 5-7 communities in the East of the country.
- Establish strong partnerships with communities, armed actors, local governments, local and international NGOs/CSOs/IOs within the designated communities, identifying opportunities for cooperation and leveraging existing platforms.
- Contribute to the adaptation of the methodology for civil-military dialogues aimed at developing solutions to improve protection of civilians along the conflict line.
- Contribute to the development of civil-military dialogues training curricular and materials
- Work with the Senior Protection Officer to ensure recommendations on improving assistance to civilians are followed up at the local level and are implemented.
- Develop plans, and prepare reports for regular and ad hoc planning and reporting products.
- Develop tools and approaches for communities’ selection, training, and dialogue participants’ selection, as well as develop information materials for communities with regards to the selection process.
- Contribute to the development of advocacy products (briefings, reports, surveys) that capture and amplify the voices and perspectives of civilians in authentic and compelling ways to support CIVIC advocacy strategy.
- Contribute to the development of communication strategies to disseminate advocacy products via meetings, public events, as well as social media and other outreach channels.
- Maintain connections with the protection community of practice, contribute to the coordination at the local level.
- Represent CIVIC with international, non-governmental organizations, and local government stakeholders, promote effective collaborations and partnerships on delegated areas of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required to further the organization’s mission and goals in Ukraine.
- Abide with all CIVIC security and operations policies and procedures.
- Advanced university degree in a social science, political science, international relations, law, or a related field.
- Prior experience in the fields of Protection and community engagement, dialogue facilitation and similar projects.
- Training in project management, human rights, humanitarianism, mediation would be an advantage.
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience, including work in conflict zones.
- .Understanding of the conflict landscape in Ukraine and issues related to protection of civilians.
- Willingness and experience working with conflict-affected populations and security forces.
- Poise, flexibility, discretion, and mature judgment to handle and respond appropriately and professionally in a fast-paced, high-pressure atmosphere and as a team member.
- Well organized, self-motivated, and able to conceptualize and implement programs in stressful environments.
- Experience in representing organizations in sensitive environments, ability to maintain neutrality and impartiality in line with the organization’s mission.
- English, Ukrainian, Russian fluency mandatory.
Apply here https://civilians.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=70