Under the overall guidance and supervision of Community Security and Social Cohesion Specialist, Advocacy and Communications Associate will provide support to the United Nations Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme, Component III «Community Security and Social Cohesion» (CSSC) project. The Advocacy and Communications Associate will provide technical and advisory support in designing communications and advocacies on community security and social cohesion, and on strengthening effective community/civil society-service providers communication engagements and information sharing. He/she will be responsible for the implementation of all information sharing and awareness raising campaigns under CSSC Component of UN Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme and in close cooperation and coordination with RPP Communications Specialist.
The incumbent will promote UNDP’s mandate as a gender-responsive organization with zero tolerance to any kind of discriminatory and abusive behavior, including sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse.
The Advocacy and Communications Associate will be responsible for:
- Provision support to communication and advocacy activities on community security and social cohesion;
- Delivering the specific activities envisaged in the Project (and in other Projects under Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme umbrella) in targeted information campaigns, awareness raising campaigns in collaboration and coordination with the project’s Communication Specialist;
- Supporting the work performed under UN RPP CSSC Component in relation to safety and security and justice service providers, their advocacies and communications for local population, as well as other outputs, by developing and forging partnerships with project and national and regional sector stakeholders (civil society and governmental);
- Supporting the CSSC Component team to align and integrate advocacy and communication plans and strategies at the local level with the processes at the regional and national levels;
- Promote a safe and enabling environment free of any kind of discrimination and abusive behavior;
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing;
- Communicating results based on corporate principles of gender-responsive communications and non-discriminatory language.
The full list of duties and responsibilities can be found on UNDP in Ukraine website:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications, media, public administration, political sciences, law, international relations, social sciences or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in communications, journalism, media, public relations or related fields;
- Experience in administration and/or programme/project support in the field of social cohesion, community security and related fields with local/regional authorities or non-governmental organizations is an asset;
- Experience developing outreach campaigns, using a wide range of communications tools, and in partnership with civil society or government is an advantage;
- Experience working with the UN system agencies or other international development organizations in the communications field would be an asset;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and graphic designing;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian languages is required.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 29 April 2021.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply online:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest.
Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.