Youth Engagement Program Manager (LTTA)
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a US-based international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E). MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position**
The Youth Engagement Program Manager (YEPM) will be responsible for designing and implementation of the activities under SACCI Objective Area 3 (Public tolerance of corrupt practices reduced) Expected Result 3.2 (Youth increasingly reject corruption as social norm). The YEPM will manage activities implemented by SACCI and its grantees aimed at promoting a culture of zero tolerance to corruption among youth between the ages of 15 and 24. The YEPM will manage activities under relevant grants, coordinate cooperation with civil society organizations and youth groups, international donors and projects as well as governmental partner institutions including the Ministry of Education and Science, the Ministry of Youth and Sports, the National Agency for Corruption Prevention and the Educational Ombudsman. The YEPM will manage and mentor the Youth Engagement Program Coordinator. The Manager will also ensure engagement of youth groups and activists and civil society organizations into SACCI’s extra-curricular civic education activities and anti-corruption events and initiatives. The YEPM will report to the Civic Engagement and Public Outreach Lead (CEPOL) on all technical matters and the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and Chief of Party (COP) on administrative matters.
- Lead and contribute to the design, implementation, and supervision of SACCI’s anti-corruption initiatives for youth groups.
- Lead and contribute to building, through training and mentoring, the capacity and skills of the constituency-based non-governmental actors to engage youth and target groups in anti-corruption activities.
- Lead and contribute to assessing youth awareness and engagement in anti-corruption activities in Ukraine and translate findings into SACCI activity programming.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and cooperation with relevant counterparts, beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Support and oversee networking and collaboration among the constituency-based non-governmental actors (civil society organizations (CSOs), youth groups and activists, professional associations, etc.) that work in anti-corruption-related and youth development areas. This includes facilitating communication within the networks through social media, newsletters, and other innovative channels.
- Lead research and analytical activities on youth awareness and engagement in anti-corruption activities and promotion of integrity among youth.
- As needed, initiate and engage in field/site visits to SACCI partner and grantee locations to gather materials for reporting and promotional activities.
- Contribute to the design of the SACCI grants program to attract youth- and education-oriented CSOs, participate in the selection and planning process, and provide technical oversight and quality assurance of the grantees’ projects.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality SACCI project documents and deliverables as well as analytical research in other areas.
- Collaborate with USAID and other development stakeholders to jointly design and implement anti-corruption programs/activities for engaging youth.
- Collaborate with the SACCI team to achieve results and reach targets.
- Implement other relevant activities and tasks as required.
- Demonstrate diplomacy and leadership to foster an atmosphere of teamwork productivity, creativity, fairness, equity, and innovation, and support for diversity.
- BA or MA degree, preferably in public administration, political science, communications, or other relevant areas is required.
- Minimum three years of experience in project management, engagement with CSOs, and event planning.
- Knowledge and experience working on issues related to community engagement in anti-corruption activities such as public awareness and social accountability of youth.
- Familiarity with the Ukraine anti-corruption reform agenda.
- Prior experience with USAID- or other donor-funded projects is considered an asset.
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent, and a self-starter.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Ukraine.
- Strong communications skills – both oral and written.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and proficiency in English required.
*Deadline for applying for this position – April 26, 2021*
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com