Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech international non-governmental organization, that is present in more than 20 countries has been active in Ukraine since 2014, and the humanitarian programs have been rapidly expanding since then. Currently, PIN is one of the major humanitarian actors in Eastern Ukraine while providing neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian aid to conflict-affected people.
PIN is an Equal Opportunity employer, so applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on any grounds including race, ethnicity, nationality, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and others. PIN welcomes applications from underrepresented groups and value diversity.
General information about the role of the person
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Consortium, the Field Coordinator is responsible in coordination, reporting, compliance, knowledge management and communication at the field level with all ACCESS partners. She/He closely cooperates with the focal points from Finance, Programs, MEAL, Advocacy and Communications of all Consortium members.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Liaises with field teams of the Consortium on a regular basis to coordinate and follow-up on the progress and challenges related to their Consortium activities.
- Supports the HoC (Head of Consortium) with tracking progress of overall project implementation against the workplan, budget forecast, beneficiary and geographic coverage.
- Maintains close collaboration with the assigned focal points of the Consortium partners for coordination and harmonization of a variety of matters, including reporting formats, explanations of donor requirements, joint procurement and transportation, update of Project documents.
- Tracks harmonization of modalities amongst the Consortium partners, and between the Consortium and wider humanitarian community in Ukraine, in cooperation with PIN Emergency Coordinator.
- Supports the HoC to lead the PIU meetings (and lead in case of absence of the HoC) with organization, note-taking, information dissemination and action-points follow up with consortium partners.
- As requested, participates in meetings (and relevant for) the Consortium, produces meeting notes to capture key points of discussions, decisions and actions points and disseminates them to Consortium partners.
- In close cooperation with the MEAL Coordinator, supports the development and improvement of monitoring and evaluation tools that will support the collection of information across all Consortium partners to track progress/achievements of the milestones with regard to the planned project impact, outcomes and outputs (as specified in the project logical framework).
- In close cooperation with the Finance Team, develop regular Budget Variance Analysis (BvA) and provide the analysis to HoC for the follow-up discussions with the Consortium Partners.
- Support the Grants and Reporting department and the HoC in consolidating and preparing narrative reports, annexes (including consolidation of contributions from all consortium partners) and revision requests
- Support the HoC with initial consistency checks across the narrative, budget and monitoring components of the Consortium-level proposals and revisions
- In close collaboration with compliance and finance team, tracks compliance with regard to signed agreements between ECHO and PIN as well as PIN and partner agencies.
- Provides support during potential donor verification/audit visits to PIN Ukraine.
- In close cooperation with the MEAL Coordinator responsible for lessons learned and knowledge management at PIN, analyzes and records lessons learnt generated during the duration of the Consortium to inform the design and implementation of subsequent phases of the project.
- In close coordination with PIN Emergency coordinator, participation in the field level cluster coordination meetings (clusters where ACCESS consortium is present) and field-level humanitarian general coordination meetings to represent the Consortium and ensure stronger coordination, integration and harmonization of the Consortium with the overall humanitarian community.
Required background and competences
- Higher education (university) in social sciences, computer science, economics, business
- Preferable 2 years of experience with international organizations
- Knowledge of humanitarian context, humanitarian cluster system, humanitarian coordination.
- Good understanding and knowledge of one or more of humanitarian activities related to protection, health, wash, shelter/NFI, Multi-purpose Cash).
- Proven experience in coordination at different levels internally within an organization and externally with other partners;
- Understanding of Information Management and Project Management lifecycle will be a strong asset.
- Experience of working with consortiums will be an additional advantage;
- Experience in remote coordination will be an additional advantage
- Skills: Advanced analytical skills, negotiations skills, advanced MS Excel understanding, preferable advanced English writing skills.
- Salary as per PIN salary scale: 1,040 USD GROSS (1,092 USD GROSS after probation period)
- Meaningful and positive working environment in a well-established and growing international humanitarian organization with career development opportunities;
- 5% annual salary increase;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses between offices and areas of intervention;
- Professional development opportunities through various capacity building events, such as trainings;
- 28 days of annual leave + 3 New Year bonus leave
Deadline: April 30th, 2021
Please send clearly marked CV and Motivation letter in English. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Written test and interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
Please note that PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process.