Communications Expert for NACP Public Oversight Council
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at http://www.msiworldwide.com/.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position**
SACCI’s main beneficiary is the National Agency on Corruption Prevention (NACP), Ukraine’s key anti-corruption institution. SACCI assists the NACP with strengthening institutional capacity to implement its core functions. The project helped the agency launch the NACP Public Oversight Council (POC) to serve as a civic control body over the NACP’s activities and increase opportunities for citizens to engage with the agency. To bolster the POC’s efforts, SACCI is helping the council establish a capable and robust secretariat. As part of the secretariat, the Communications Expert will assist with (1) developing a social media marketing strategy and strengthening the POC’s social media presence and communications capacity, (2) promoting the existing Facebook page, (3) responding clearly to frequently asked questions, and (4) implementing communications activities. This is the the STTA position with an expected level of effort of up to 50 expert days.
- Design, implement, and monitor the social media marketing strategy for alignment with the POC’s goals, i.e., raising public awareness of the POC and improving the provision of clarifications to public requests;
- Promote the POC’s Facebook page and increase the POC’s social media presence, including regular creation and distribution of written and graphic content in the form of social media messages and posts; expand the council’s presence onto new platforms upon request;
- Regularly monitor and analyze interactions, visits, and feedbacks from the Facebook page and the usage of posted information to improve the social media strategy, messaging, post content, etc.; collect lessons learned and best practices; and provide corresponding recommendations to the POC;
- Under the POC’s supervision, write briefs in layman’s terms for the general public and answer frequently asked questions about the NACP’s anti-corruption activities and related issues. Support the POC with providing comments or clarifications to public requests;
- Support the POC with its everyday communications activities, including writing announcements and press releases, conducting public outreach, and working with the NACP’s departments; provide guidance to the POC team on social media best practices and strategies;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in communications, marketing, public relation, or other relevant field is required;
- Over two years of experience in social media marketing, web strategy, content creation, and data collection and analysis;
- Experience with Facebook and other major social media platforms;
- Experience in graphic design and/or data visualization;
- Strong written and communication skills;
- Prior experience with anti-corruption communications is a strong asset;
- Fluency in Ukrainian, pre-intermediate English is an asset.
*Deadline for applying for this position – May 1, 2021, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employers
To apply: Please visit our website, http://www.msiworldwide.com/