Description of Duties:
- Collect progress and monitoring reports from the partners and ensure all the necessary documents are provided and in order;
- Prepare payment of instalments to Implementing Partners (IPs), payment requests and vouchers for direct disbursements, follow-up re-fund of unspent balances from IPs;
- Manage and maintain the database used in the operation (proGres) including planning and overseeing data collection, input and verification, as well as reports’s production.
- Prepare requisitions and purchase orders in theManagement System Renewal Project (MSRP); * Maintain logs, file and update records in prescribed format for subsequent use (implementing partners’ files, correspondence, policy issues, guidelines etc.) as well as program unit electronic filing system;
- Draft correspondence to IPs, operational partners on programme management related issues for country project and ensure good flow of information among NGO, Government partners and UNHCR;
- Draft service and other contracts in line with UNHCR guidelines and procedures;
- Translate correspondence and reports from NGOs and Gov. partners;
- Assist in compiling and consolidating background and briefing material as well as reports;
- Provide interpretation during meeting with partners and interlocutors of program work;
- Perform other duties as requested.
Furthermore, UNV volunteers are encouraged to:
Strengthening their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and taking active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark IVD);
Getting acquainted with and building on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
Reflecting on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
Contributing articles/write-ups on field experiences and submitting them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
Assisting with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UNV volunteers;
Promoting or advising local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encouraging relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.