Civic Engagement Expert
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at http://www.msiworldwide.com/.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position**
SACCI aims at reducing public tolerance of corrupt practices and engaging more citizens and youth in anti-corruption activities by increasing opportunities for engaging in social accountability. Civic Engagement Expert will contribute into SACCI efforts aimed at providing opportunities for young activists to professionally contribute to the national anti-corruption efforts. This is the STTA position with the expected level of effort is up to 60 expert days.
- Support the organization of Solution Hubs Activities to address anti-corruption issues:
- Draft Hubs’ concepts which include proposed format and approach, recommended questions, and participants, including local and donor organizations
- Contribute to delivering through moderating, presentation and feedback collection
- Collect ideas of participants and smart practices which could be further applied to USAID SACCI programming
- Line and copy-editing, proofreading SACCI’s educational and informational materials (manuals, brochures, infographics), both youth-related and for general use, including Youth Development Manual (PYD) in Ukrainian ready for printing
- Reinforce the conduct of cascade training events through:
- Development of a model agenda for cascade training events
- Development of lectures in the format of PPT-presentations, handouts based on SACCI’s AC toolkit
- Development of the evaluation frame with indicators to measure impact of cascade events on reducing corruption, perception of corruption by youth, and building integrity
- Conduct of a series of consultations for SACCI-trained teachers, Service of Educational Ombudsman on the certification of the training package and preparation of cascade training events
- Revise the newly developed or updated AC tools, including Anti-corruption Mafia and What? Where? When? games
- Support cooperation with SACCI partners on youth programming through development of content and identification of target groups, collection, and smart practices
- Perform other tasks related to development and implementation of SACCI youth activities upon SACCI Program Manager and SACCI Civic Engagement and Public Outreach Leader
- Design, participate, and moderate SACCI events related to youth activities.
- Master’s Degree in communications, political science or other relevant areas
- Over 5 years of experience working with CSO landscape or youth engagement at the national and regional level
- Experience in drafting strategic documents concepts
- Experience in events moderation, excellent presentation skills
- Experience in international assistance projects is considered an asset
- Fluency in Ukrainian, advanced level of English language required
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience in cooperation with governmental authorities in the educational sphere
*Deadline for applying for this position – April 11, 2021, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, http://www.msiworldwide.com/