FAO Ukraine is a project management Office headed by the Regional Programme Leader (RPL) under the operational responsibility of the Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia. FAO Ukraine is contributing to the development of national policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of FAO Regional Programme Leader for Europe and Central Asia, and the direct supervision of FAO Ukraine Head of Office, in close coordination with Project Coordinators, Operations and Technical Officers.
The National Programme Support Specialist will be responsible for the provision of support to Programme, Monitoring and Evaluation of FAO portfolio in Ukraine. FAO portfolio in Ukraine.
Tasks and responsibilities
Within delegated authority, the Programme Support Specialist will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide assistance to overall implementation of FAO Programme;
- Organize and participate in task force meetings, develop work plans and papers in close coordination with Programme and Technical Officers, Operations and the Admin teams;
- Develop, implement and evaluate assigned projects; monitor and analyze project development and implementation; review relevant documents and reports; identify problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions;
- Support the Technical Officers to liaise and coordinate with national consultants, ensure timely collection of inputs, technical support services, ensure appropriate follow-up actions and coordinate the implementation of the activities;
- Prepare, review, analyze and finalize monitoring and evaluation frameworks ensuring provision of inputs in timely quantitative manner; facilitate data collection and analyses, in coordination with project managers, field offices and technical teams;
- Contribute to the formulation of project proposals, according to FAO’s procedures, with support from the Programme team;
- Contribute to the preparation of drafting of FAO purchase orders and Letters of Agreement.
- Liaise with the Food Security and Livelihoods Cluster for a sharper implementation of humanitarian and early recover responses;
- Serve as Gender focal point for inclusion of protection and gender approaches, with support from the Regional Gender Officer;
- Participate in UN working groups upon request;
- Undertake field missions as required;
- Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Agriculture Science, Social Sciences, Environment or related fields.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Advanced knowledge of English. Knowledge of one of the other FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Ukrainian.
- National of Ukraine.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in NGOs, INGOs, UN or other technical and/or humanitarian assistance organizations.
- Ability to work under pressure and to carry out several tasks in a timely fashion and under tight deadlines, with minimum supervision.
- Relevant experience and skills in programme and project implementation, operations, project formulation, analysis and planning.
- Good understanding of the purpose and functions of technical programmes, UN’s guidelines, and project / programme management procedures.
- Systematic and efficient approach to work on assignments, good judgment and analytical ability.
- Direct project implementation experience is an asset.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO: "https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2100951&tz=GMT%2B01%3A00&tzname"
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted