Chemonics International Inc.
USAID Transformation Communications Activity
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Assistant
Estimated Period of Performance/Level of Effort: Long-term
Chemonics seeks a monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) assistant for the ongoing USAID Transformation Communications Activity in Ukraine. The project aims to partner with the Government of Ukraine (GOU), private sector, and civilsociety to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s democracy through innovative communicationsinitiatives that engage Ukrainians in a conversation about the country’s democratictransformation and European integration. The objectives of the Activity are to equip USAIDand its partners to conduct data-driven communications; increase the quality and quantity ofstrategic communications on reform dividends; and broaden the use of social impact contentby Ukraine’s civic leaders and creative sector. The MEL assistant will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely data collection for performed project activities, through following established procedures and ensure common understanding for technical teams and project grantees and subcontractors. In coordination with the MEL manager, the MEL assistant will also be responsible for preparing reports for internal project review and client reporting on MEL plan. This position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Coordinate with technical teams and third parties (e.g., grantees, subcontractors) to support establishment of procedures of data collection to ensure timely reporting.
- In cooperation with MEL manager, provide consultations/clarifications to technical teams and third parties (e.g., grantees, subcontractors) on data requirements under USG-funded programs.
- Liaise with technical teams to ensure compliance with internal project procedures with regard to reporting related to the MEL plan.
- Maintain records on indicators, including lists of participants and agendas (only for events accounted under indicators).
- Supporting the MEL manager in responding to requests from project staff, Chemonics, or USAID.
- Responsible for primary data verification according to requirements of USAID ADS 201.
- Maintain program DevResults program account, including upload of data obtained from technical teams and third parties (e.g., grantees, subcontractors).
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- University degree in sociology, mathematics, data analysis, economics or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of Monitoring & Evaluation experience required.
- Ability to analyze and report on program performance and impact from the perspective of donors, program planners, and partners.
- Willingness to learn usage of modern tools on data analysis and visualization.
- Experience with report writing and editing.
- Experience working with USAID or other donor-funded programs preferred.
- Demonstrated professional excellence and strong analytical skills.
- Ukrainian, Russian, and English fluency, with excellent presentation skills and strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing in all languages.
To apply, please submit your application via the following link no later than April 16, 2021. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/6116f86e2e7d442f96cc45447742b1d6. Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.