The Right to Protection (R2P), is an all-Ukrainian charitable foundation operating in partnership with the global NGO HIAS, that strives for Ukraine to become a country where refugees, stateless, non-citizens, and displaced persons enjoy dignity and protection. R2P’s key programmatic strengths are legal assistance, monitoring, advocacy, peacebuilding dialogue as well as government and civil society capacity building. http://www.r2p.org.ua/
The Grant Writer will evolve and expand the programs by identifying funding opportunities for additional project activities for implementation by R2P.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor, identify, and analyze potential funding opportunities and calls for proposals;
- Take the lead in coordinating the proposal creation process in conjunction with the programmatic, advocacy, leadership, and finance/admin units;
- Serve as lead writer when formulating new concept notes, grant applications, statements of interest, logframes, and work plans;
- Assure the timely, accurate, and full submission of project proposal packages;
- In cooperation with the finance/admin and programming units, ensure that all vetting documentation are submitted and contractual requirements are complied with;
- Proactively work with various programmatic units to create a library of concept notes;
- Build capacity of other team members in grant writing/project formulation.
- Master’s degree required;
- At least 2 years of work experience in grant writing/fundraising for NGOs;
- Familiarity with the project development for at least some of the major donors in Ukraine (UNHCR, Europe AID/ECHO, USAID, UNDP, GIZ, etc…)
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, Russian, and Ukrainian, both verbally and in writing;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required;
- Mature judgment combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently and in teams and to meet deadlines.
R2P will offer the successful applicant
- A contract till December 31, 2021, with a possibility for continuation;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Room for professional growth;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
Send a résumé to email@example.com. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for the interview. No phone calls, please.
For more information about organization, please, visit our web-site http://r2p.org.ua.
Applications close date
05 April 2021. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.