Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Programme Specialist Team Leader and guidance of senior programme staff, the Programme Associate ensures effective delivery of the thematic area of programme by entering and managing data and supporting programme implementation consistent with UNDP rules and regulations. The Programme Associate will provide substantive support to the Programme staff in the implementation of programme/project activities ensuring the smooth coordination of logistical arrangements for events, workshops, seminars and briefings of government counterparts. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UNDP HQs as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information. In this context the Programme Associate will establish close synergies with and seek guidance from the operations teams in terms of operational policies and procedures. Incumbent is expected to display initiative, a positive approach and a strong client orientation. As such, s/he is expected to be flexible in performing other emerging tasks and additional duties as required by direct supervisor or senior management.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Substantive support to programme planning, implementation strategies, adapts processes and procedures;
- Provide research support on programme formulations;
- Develop M&E and procurement plan and ensure timely preparation and production of quarterly reports and evaluation and procurement requirements;
- Support to substantive and financial management of the governance programme;
- Maintenance and updating of the Team’s portfolio for e-documentation and knowledge management systems, as well as the office intranet and website;
- Administrative support to the Programme Unit;
- Support in creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance;
- University Degree in Law, Business and Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 7 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level supporting multinational development programmes;
- 4 years of relevant experience will suffice if in possession of a Bachelor’s Degree;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages MS Word, Excel, etc.;
- Advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Proficiency in English and Ukrainian;
- Knowledge of other UN official languages is desirable.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS — 30 March, 2021.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply online:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest.
Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.