Deloitte is seeking qualified candidates to serve as Junior Legal Specialist in support of the USAID/UKAID Health Reform Support (HRS). The position is full-time and will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Project Background and Summary:
The purpose of the USAID/UKAID Health Reform Support is to support a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. Advancing health sector reforms, enhancing transparency, and tackling corruption will reduce out-of-pocket payments and improve access and availability of high quality, evidence-based health care services for Ukrainians. Elimination of corruption is a cross-cutting theme across all objectives to be achieved by this activity, which include:
- Improve health sector governance.
- Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model.
- Strengthen the health workforce.
- Enhance transparency, accountability and responsiveness of the health care system.
- Improve service delivery system at all levels.
The Junior Legal Specialist will provide technical legal assistance to healthcare providers as well as for the national counterparts – Ministry of Health (MOH) and National Health Service of Ukraine (NHSU).
Duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- supporting HRS activities related to corporate governance of health care facilities (HCFs);
- drafting templates of HCFs’ by-laws and other documents necessary for HCF Supervisory Board establishment and functioning;
- drafting technical documents (reports, guidelines, analytical notes etc.) related to healthcare and corporate law;
- drafting amendments to Ukrainian legislation in the field of corporate governance of HCFs;
- providing technical inputs into the development of technical documents;
- consulting and supporting HCFs management bodies;
- drafting letters, replies, clarifications etc.;
- other legal support as requested by the HRS.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Law.
- No less than two years of proven work experience as a lawyer.
- Experience in the field of corporate governance is a benefit.
- Knowledge of law-making techniques and state policy analysis.
- General understanding of Ukraine’s healthcare system and reform concepts is a benefit.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Good command of English.
Qualified candidates are expected to send their CVs, cover letters, and two professional letters of reference/reference contacts to [email protected] no later than March 28, 2021. Please indicate the following in the subject field of the email: “Junior Legal Specialist”. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.