Alinea International is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Alinea International:
Alinea is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea (former Agriteam) presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
The expert team assists the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) with the planning and implementation of the penitentiary reform, which aims to promote wider application of non-custodial measures to offenders who committed minor or medium gravity offences and to create proper conditions for the detention of convicts in penitentiary institutions promoting their rehabilitation and decreasing the risk of reoffending
For this reform, SURGe Project is looking for an Expert in programs and training courses development to support the Ministry of Justice and Project team with the development of correctional programs for prison inmates as well as training courses for prison staff.
The expert will be based in Kyiv and will be reporting to Team Lead of the initiative.
Level of effort: Full time, Monday-Friday.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
- Support for the development of an online version of the program of preparation for the release.
- Finalize the text modules of the program of preparation to the release based on the results of the program’s piloting.
- Support for the development of an online course for prison staff on using new tools and approaches (RNA, individual case planning).
- Develop scenarios of online programs and courses, support selection of the developer(s), cooperate with them.
- Ensure piloting of online programs and courses, receive feedback, support amending programs and courses where necessary.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Degree in psychology or educational psychology (the certification in CBT will be an additional advantage).
- Experience in online courses development.
- Experience in correctional and prevention programs for persons in conflict with the law development, as well as manuals for them (at least 3 years and references to publications).
- Experience in organizing and delivering training for civil servants or NGOs’ staff in the relevant area (at least 5 years).
- Experience of practical work with persons in conflict with the law.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on 26 March 2021 to the following address: [email protected].
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV (max. 2 pages).
2) Applicant’s letter of interest (max. 500 words).
Please, ensure to state Expert in programs and training courses development (MoJ) in the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.